RE: [romandays] Head Count for School Programs May 10th

  • Randi Richert
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 26, 2013
      I forgot to mention that even though I probably will not be able to get free from work that weekend, I will gladly support Roman Days by sending down whatever gear (grindstone, cornu, kiddie cohort gear, mule cart, etc.) anyone may need to borrow. That is of course If someone like Volpius is available and willing to transport it.
      Randi/Clodius
      Legio III CYR

      To: romandays@yahoogroups.com; musesrealm@...; feldtrp419@...; qmj52@...; rrichert@...
      From: PalusButeo@...
      Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 17:38:36 -0500
      Subject: RE: [romandays] Head Count for School Programs May 10th

      Hi Deb

      I still plan on getting down there for Friday and the weekend.

      Hopefully I'll have Caroline coming with me, too.

      I'll have to see how it works out, but I ought to be able to [abduct] Quinton and drag him down
      I'll be contacting him separately.

      I might even be able to drag down Randi's kiddie cohort aramaments, will have to see
      what I have for room in the car, et al.

      -ANDY

      Hi all,

      Who is definitely IN for school programs on May 10th? Riversdale is sending out school invites and would like to get an idea of how many people we will have and what kind of activities we can do - drills, kiddie cohort, cooking demos, Celts, etc. We'll have at least 80 kids from the school in DC and probably more like a few hundred from area schools. I doubt we'll get the response that we had at GMU but we should have a nice, full day with the kiddies.

    • Deb Fuller
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 26, 2013
        On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 9:18 PM, Randi Richert <rarichert@...> wrote:

        > I forgot to mention that even though I probably will not be able to get free from work that weekend, I will gladly support Roman Days by sending down whatever gear (grindstone, cornu, kiddie cohort gear, mule cart, etc.) anyone may need to borrow. That is of course If someone like Volpius is available and willing to transport it.

        Thanks Randi!! You're the best!

        Deb
      • richard orli
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 26, 2013
          I can't quite commit at this time but its probable I can make it.

          Who is definitely IN for school programs on May 10th? Riversdale is sending out school invites and would like to get an idea of how many people we will have and what kind of activities we can do - drills, kiddie cohort, cooking demos, Celts, etc. We'll have at least 80 kids from the school in DC and probably more like a few hundred from area schools. I doubt we'll get the response that we had at GMU but we should have a nice, full day with the kiddies.

          Deb

        • Zienta, Robert A.
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013

            Deb,

            I will survey my unit, Legio IX. Based on our past participation, we usually have 4.

            Rob

            Robert Zienta

            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 10, 2013
              Ave Deb,

              O.K., at this point, it looks like the following Roman-Britain Living
              History Group/LEGIO IX HISPANA - Virginia Chapter members are planning to
              attend Roman Days this year as 1st Century AD Romans/Celts:

              Sean McLaren - going as Roman legionary or Celt
              Lynn Rogers - going as Roman legionary, medicus, or cavalry
              Chris Sipe - going as Roman legionary or Centurio
              Richard Landis - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt
              Ron Phelps - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt (I will bring
              all of the gear for these impressions and decide when I get there to
              maintain flexibility!)
              Sean Edwards - Probably going as Celt on Saturday only
              Marc Nucup - maybe going as Auxiliary archer, checking on his schedule

              We will be setting up our Roman camp as usual, probably beside our LEGIO IX
              HISPANA frater from Pennsylvania/Maryland.

              Vale,

              Ron - a.k.a. Eronnius - Roman-Britain Living History Group: LEGIO IX HISPANA
              - Virginia Chapter; Rianorix the Celt

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 11, 2013
                Thanks loads!!

                Deb

                On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM, Ron Phelps <ronphelps11@...> wrote:

                > Ave Deb,
                >
                > O.K., at this point, it looks like the following Roman-Britain Living
                > History Group/LEGIO IX HISPANA - Virginia Chapter members are planning to
                > attend Roman Days this year as 1st Century AD Romans/Celts:
                >
                > Sean McLaren - going as Roman legionary or Celt
                > Lynn Rogers - going as Roman legionary, medicus, or cavalry
                > Chris Sipe - going as Roman legionary or Centurio
                > Richard Landis - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt
                > Ron Phelps - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt (I will bring
                > all of the gear for these impressions and decide when I get there to
                > maintain flexibility!)
                > Sean Edwards - Probably going as Celt on Saturday only
                > Marc Nucup - maybe going as Auxiliary archer, checking on his schedule
                >
                > We will be setting up our Roman camp as usual, probably beside our LEGIO
                > IX
                > HISPANA frater from Pennsylvania/Maryland.

              • Andy Volpe
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 11, 2013
                  Looks like so far myself, Caroline and hopefully Quinton will be down for
                  Friday and Saturday.  Should be getting down there Thurs evening.

                  -Andy V

                  To: romandays@yahoogroups.com
                  From: debfuller@...
                  Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 08:09:36 -0400

                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 11, 2013

                    Deb,

                    Here is a complete list, as of this moment, for Legio IX attendance. I combined both Ron’s and my list::

                    Rob Zienta (FRI/SAT))

                    Marsh Wise (SAT)

                    Shawn Roberts (FRI/SAT)

                    Chris Mattingly (SAT)

                    Brian ALexander (SAT)

                    Randall Chapman (SAT)

                    Sean McClaren (FRI/SAT)

                    Ron Phelps (FRI/SAT)

                    Lynn Rogers (FRI/SAT)

                    Chris Sipe (FRI/SAT)

                    Richard Landis (FRI/SAT)

                    Sean Edwards (SAT)

                    Marc Nucup (FRI/SAT)

                    Best regards,

                    Rob

                    > O.K., at this point, it looks like the following Roman-Britain Living
                    > History Group/LEGIO IX HISPANA - Virginia Chapter members are planning to
                    > attend Roman Days this year as 1st Century AD Romans/Celts:
                    >
                    > Sean McLaren - going as Roman legionary or Celt
                    > Lynn Rogers - going as Roman legionary, medicus, or cavalry
                    > Chris Sipe - going as Roman legionary or Centurio
                    > Richard Landis - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt
                    > Ron Phelps - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt (I will bring
                    > all of the gear for these impressions and decide when I get there to
                    > maintain flexibility!)
                    > Sean Edwards - Probably going as Celt on Saturday only
                    > Marc Nucup - maybe going as Auxiliary archer, checking on his schedule
                    >
                    > We will be setting up our Roman camp as usual, probably beside our LEGIO
                    > IX
                    > HISPANA frater from Pennsylvania/Maryland.

                  • lynn rogers
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 11, 2013
                      Deb,
                      ill be there Thursday night to campout
                      i'll be a legionair and medicus
                      also I have coins and leather good to sale
                      so everyone bring your money!
                      lynn

                      On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM, Ron Phelps <mailto:ronphelps11%40cox.net> wrote:

                      > Ave Deb,
                      >
                      > O.K., at this point, it looks like the following Roman-Britain Living
                      > History Group/LEGIO IX HISPANA - Virginia Chapter members are planning to
                      > attend Roman Days this year as 1st Century AD Romans/Celts:
                      >
                      > Sean McLaren - going as Roman legionary or Celt
                      > Lynn Rogers - going as Roman legionary, medicus, or cavalry
                      > Chris Sipe - going as Roman legionary or Centurio
                      > Richard Landis - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt
                      > Ron Phelps - going as Roman
                      legionary or auxiliary, or Celt (I will bring
                      > all of the gear for these impressions and decide when I get there to
                      > maintain flexibility!)
                      > Sean Edwards - Probably going as Celt on Saturday only
                      > Marc Nucup - maybe going as Auxiliary archer, checking on his schedule
                      >
                      > We will be setting up our Roman camp as usual, probably beside our LEGIO
                      > IX
                      > HISPANA frater from Pennsylvania/Maryland.

                    • filipinorifle54
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 14, 2013
                        Deb & List---

                        Marc Nucup is planning on attending as Cohors I Hamiorum Sagittari both Friday and Saturday with an early Friday arrival.

                        ---marc/Aculeo
                      • Deb Fuller
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 14, 2013
                          Thanks!