RE: [romandays] Head Count for School Programs May 10th

  • Andy Volpe
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 26, 2013
      Hi Deb

      I still plan on getting down there for Friday and the weekend.

      Hopefully I'll have Caroline coming with me, too.

      I'll have to see how it works out, but I ought to be able to [abduct] Quinton and drag him down
      I'll be contacting him separately.

      I might even be able to drag down Randi's kiddie cohort aramaments, will have to see
      what I have for room in the car, et al.

      -ANDY

      Hi all,

      Who is definitely IN for school programs on May 10th? Riversdale is sending out school invites and would like to get an idea of how many people we will have and what kind of activities we can do - drills, kiddie cohort, cooking demos, Celts, etc. We'll have at least 80 kids from the school in DC and probably more like a few hundred from area schools. I doubt we'll get the response that we had at GMU but we should have a nice, full day with the kiddies.

    • Randi Richert
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 26, 2013
        I forgot to mention that even though I probably will not be able to get free from work that weekend, I will gladly support Roman Days by sending down whatever gear (grindstone, cornu, kiddie cohort gear, mule cart, etc.) anyone may need to borrow. That is of course If someone like Volpius is available and willing to transport it.
        Randi/Clodius
        Legio III CYR

        To: romandays@yahoogroups.com; musesrealm@...; feldtrp419@...; qmj52@...; rrichert@...

        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 26, 2013
          On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 9:18 PM, Randi Richert <rarichert@...> wrote:

          > I forgot to mention that even though I probably will not be able to get free from work that weekend, I will gladly support Roman Days by sending down whatever gear (grindstone, cornu, kiddie cohort gear, mule cart, etc.) anyone may need to borrow. That is of course If someone like Volpius is available and willing to transport it.

          Thanks Randi!! You're the best!

          Deb
        • richard orli
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 26, 2013
            I can't quite commit at this time but its probable I can make it.

            Who is definitely IN for school programs on May 10th? Riversdale is sending out school invites and would like to get an idea of how many people we will have and what kind of activities we can do - drills, kiddie cohort, cooking demos, Celts, etc. We'll have at least 80 kids from the school in DC and probably more like a few hundred from area schools. I doubt we'll get the response that we had at GMU but we should have a nice, full day with the kiddies.

            Deb

          • Zienta, Robert A.
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013

              Deb,

              I will survey my unit, Legio IX. Based on our past participation, we usually have 4.

              Rob

              Robert Zienta

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 10, 2013
                Ave Deb,

                O.K., at this point, it looks like the following Roman-Britain Living
                History Group/LEGIO IX HISPANA - Virginia Chapter members are planning to
                attend Roman Days this year as 1st Century AD Romans/Celts:

                Sean McLaren - going as Roman legionary or Celt
                Lynn Rogers - going as Roman legionary, medicus, or cavalry
                Chris Sipe - going as Roman legionary or Centurio
                Richard Landis - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt
                Ron Phelps - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt (I will bring
                all of the gear for these impressions and decide when I get there to
                maintain flexibility!)
                Sean Edwards - Probably going as Celt on Saturday only
                Marc Nucup - maybe going as Auxiliary archer, checking on his schedule

                We will be setting up our Roman camp as usual, probably beside our LEGIO IX
                HISPANA frater from Pennsylvania/Maryland.

                Vale,

                Ron - a.k.a. Eronnius - Roman-Britain Living History Group: LEGIO IX HISPANA
                - Virginia Chapter; Rianorix the Celt

                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 11, 2013
                  Thanks loads!!

                  Deb

                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 11, 2013
                    Looks like so far myself, Caroline and hopefully Quinton will be down for
                    Friday and Saturday.  Should be getting down there Thurs evening.

                    -Andy V

                    To: romandays@yahoogroups.com
                    From: debfuller@...
                    Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 08:09:36 -0400

                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 11, 2013

                      Deb,

                      Here is a complete list, as of this moment, for Legio IX attendance. I combined both Ron’s and my list::

                      Rob Zienta (FRI/SAT))

                      Marsh Wise (SAT)

                      Shawn Roberts (FRI/SAT)

                      Chris Mattingly (SAT)

                      Brian ALexander (SAT)

                      Randall Chapman (SAT)

                      Sean McClaren (FRI/SAT)

                      Ron Phelps (FRI/SAT)

                      Lynn Rogers (FRI/SAT)

                      Chris Sipe (FRI/SAT)

                      Richard Landis (FRI/SAT)

                      Sean Edwards (SAT)

                      Marc Nucup (FRI/SAT)

                      Best regards,

                      Rob

                      > O.K., at this point, it looks like the following Roman-Britain Living
                      > History Group/LEGIO IX HISPANA - Virginia Chapter members are planning to
                      > attend Roman Days this year as 1st Century AD Romans/Celts:
                      >
                      > Sean McLaren - going as Roman legionary or Celt
                      > Lynn Rogers - going as Roman legionary, medicus, or cavalry
                      > Chris Sipe - going as Roman legionary or Centurio
                      > Richard Landis - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt
                      > Ron Phelps - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt (I will bring
                      > all of the gear for these impressions and decide when I get there to
                      > maintain flexibility!)
                      > Sean Edwards - Probably going as Celt on Saturday only
                      > Marc Nucup - maybe going as Auxiliary archer, checking on his schedule
                      >
                      > We will be setting up our Roman camp as usual, probably beside our LEGIO
                      > IX
                      > HISPANA frater from Pennsylvania/Maryland.

                    • lynn rogers
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 11, 2013
                        Deb,
                        ill be there Thursday night to campout
                        i'll be a legionair and medicus
                        also I have coins and leather good to sale
                        so everyone bring your money!
                        lynn

                        On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM, Ron Phelps <mailto:ronphelps11%40cox.net> wrote:

                        > Ave Deb,
                        >
                        > O.K., at this point, it looks like the following Roman-Britain Living
                        > History Group/LEGIO IX HISPANA - Virginia Chapter members are planning to
                        > attend Roman Days this year as 1st Century AD Romans/Celts:
                        >
                        > Sean McLaren - going as Roman legionary or Celt
                        > Lynn Rogers - going as Roman legionary, medicus, or cavalry
                        > Chris Sipe - going as Roman legionary or Centurio
                        > Richard Landis - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt
                        > Ron Phelps - going as Roman
                        legionary or auxiliary, or Celt (I will bring
                        > all of the gear for these impressions and decide when I get there to
                        > maintain flexibility!)
                        > Sean Edwards - Probably going as Celt on Saturday only
                        > Marc Nucup - maybe going as Auxiliary archer, checking on his schedule
                        >
                        > We will be setting up our Roman camp as usual, probably beside our LEGIO
                        > IX
                        > HISPANA frater from Pennsylvania/Maryland.

                      • filipinorifle54
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 14, 2013
                          Deb & List---

                          Marc Nucup is planning on attending as Cohors I Hamiorum Sagittari both Friday and Saturday with an early Friday arrival.

                          ---marc/Aculeo
                        • Deb Fuller
                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 14, 2013
                            Thanks!