Head Count for School Programs May 10th

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 26, 2013
      Hi all,

      Who is definitely IN for school programs on May 10th? Riversdale is sending out school invites and would like to get an idea of how many people we will have and what kind of activities we can do - drills, kiddie cohort, cooking demos, Celts, etc. We'll have at least 80 kids from the school in DC and probably more like a few hundred from area schools. I doubt we'll get the response that we had at GMU but we should have a nice, full day with the kiddies.

      Deb
    • Quinton Johansen
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 26, 2013

        Hi Deb,

        From up here in New England/Legio III and from Quinton:  I don't know at this point whether I can make it or not as life as taken a serious down turn - I'm unemployed.

        Andy, I'm sure, will reply separately.

        Quinton

        Who is definitely IN for school programs on May 10th? Riversdale is sending out school invites and would like to get an idea of how many people we will have and what kind of activities we can do - drills, kiddie cohort, cooking demos, Celts, etc. We'll have at least 80 kids from the school in DC and probably more like a few hundred from area schools. I doubt we'll get the response that we had at GMU but we should have a nice, full day with the kiddies.

        Deb

        Woman is 53 But Looks 25
        ConsumerLifestyleMag.com
      • Randi Richert
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 26, 2013
          Deb,
          I have to work that weekend (I'd say unfortunately, but given the current situation I'm lucky to have a job), otherwise I'd kidnap Andy and Quinton and pile our gear in the minivan for our geeky version of spring break. If things change I'll let you know.
          Regards,
          Randi R.
          Legio III Cyr

          To: romandays@yahoogroups.com
          From: qmj52@...
          Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 19:17:51 +0000

          Hi Deb,
          From up here in New England/Legio III and from Quinton:  I don't know at this point whether I can make it or not as life as taken a serious down turn - I'm unemployed.

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 26, 2013

            Gallio expects to be there for the Friday activities.

            The kids will get a kick out of the catapulta shooting.

            I can also do some field drill.

            Gallio / George Metz

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 26, 2013
              Hi Deb

              I still plan on getting down there for Friday and the weekend.

              Hopefully I'll have Caroline coming with me, too.

              I'll have to see how it works out, but I ought to be able to [abduct] Quinton and drag him down
              I'll be contacting him separately.

              I might even be able to drag down Randi's kiddie cohort aramaments, will have to see
              what I have for room in the car, et al.

              -ANDY

              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 26, 2013
                I forgot to mention that even though I probably will not be able to get free from work that weekend, I will gladly support Roman Days by sending down whatever gear (grindstone, cornu, kiddie cohort gear, mule cart, etc.) anyone may need to borrow. That is of course If someone like Volpius is available and willing to transport it.
                Randi/Clodius
                Legio III CYR

                To: romandays@yahoogroups.com; musesrealm@...; feldtrp419@...; qmj52@...; rrichert@...

                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 26, 2013
                  On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 9:18 PM, Randi Richert <rarichert@...> wrote:

                  > I forgot to mention that even though I probably will not be able to get free from work that weekend, I will gladly support Roman Days by sending down whatever gear (grindstone, cornu, kiddie cohort gear, mule cart, etc.) anyone may need to borrow. That is of course If someone like Volpius is available and willing to transport it.

                  Thanks Randi!! You're the best!

                  Deb
                • richard orli
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 26, 2013
                    I can't quite commit at this time but its probable I can make it.

                    Who is definitely IN for school programs on May 10th? Riversdale is sending out school invites and would like to get an idea of how many people we will have and what kind of activities we can do - drills, kiddie cohort, cooking demos, Celts, etc. We'll have at least 80 kids from the school in DC and probably more like a few hundred from area schools. I doubt we'll get the response that we had at GMU but we should have a nice, full day with the kiddies.

                    Deb

                  • Zienta, Robert A.
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013

                      Deb,

                      I will survey my unit, Legio IX. Based on our past participation, we usually have 4.

                      Rob

                      Robert Zienta

                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 10, 2013
                        Ave Deb,

                        O.K., at this point, it looks like the following Roman-Britain Living
                        History Group/LEGIO IX HISPANA - Virginia Chapter members are planning to
                        attend Roman Days this year as 1st Century AD Romans/Celts:

                        Sean McLaren - going as Roman legionary or Celt
                        Lynn Rogers - going as Roman legionary, medicus, or cavalry
                        Chris Sipe - going as Roman legionary or Centurio
                        Richard Landis - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt
                        Ron Phelps - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt (I will bring
                        all of the gear for these impressions and decide when I get there to
                        maintain flexibility!)
                        Sean Edwards - Probably going as Celt on Saturday only
                        Marc Nucup - maybe going as Auxiliary archer, checking on his schedule

                        We will be setting up our Roman camp as usual, probably beside our LEGIO IX
                        HISPANA frater from Pennsylvania/Maryland.

                        Vale,

                        Ron - a.k.a. Eronnius - Roman-Britain Living History Group: LEGIO IX HISPANA
                        - Virginia Chapter; Rianorix the Celt

                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 11, 2013
                          Thanks loads!!

                          Deb

                          On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM, Ron Phelps <ronphelps11@...> wrote:

                          > Ave Deb,
                          >
                          > O.K., at this point, it looks like the following Roman-Britain Living
                          > History Group/LEGIO IX HISPANA - Virginia Chapter members are planning to
                          > attend Roman Days this year as 1st Century AD Romans/Celts:
                          >
                          > Sean McLaren - going as Roman legionary or Celt
                          > Lynn Rogers - going as Roman legionary, medicus, or cavalry
                          > Chris Sipe - going as Roman legionary or Centurio
                          > Richard Landis - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt
                          > Ron Phelps - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt (I will bring
                          > all of the gear for these impressions and decide when I get there to
                          > maintain flexibility!)
                          > Sean Edwards - Probably going as Celt on Saturday only
                          > Marc Nucup - maybe going as Auxiliary archer, checking on his schedule
                          >
                          > We will be setting up our Roman camp as usual, probably beside our LEGIO
                          > IX
                          > HISPANA frater from Pennsylvania/Maryland.

                        • Andy Volpe
                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 11, 2013
                            Looks like so far myself, Caroline and hopefully Quinton will be down for
                            Friday and Saturday.  Should be getting down there Thurs evening.

                            -Andy V

                            To: romandays@yahoogroups.com
                            From: debfuller@...
                            Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 08:09:36 -0400

                            Message 13 of 16 , Apr 11, 2013

                              Deb,

                              Here is a complete list, as of this moment, for Legio IX attendance. I combined both Ron’s and my list::

                              Rob Zienta (FRI/SAT))

                              Marsh Wise (SAT)

                              Shawn Roberts (FRI/SAT)

                              Chris Mattingly (SAT)

                              Brian ALexander (SAT)

                              Randall Chapman (SAT)

                              Sean McClaren (FRI/SAT)

                              Ron Phelps (FRI/SAT)

                              Lynn Rogers (FRI/SAT)

                              Chris Sipe (FRI/SAT)

                              Richard Landis (FRI/SAT)

                              Sean Edwards (SAT)

                              Marc Nucup (FRI/SAT)

                              Best regards,

                              Rob

                              > O.K., at this point, it looks like the following Roman-Britain Living
                              > History Group/LEGIO IX HISPANA - Virginia Chapter members are planning to
                              > attend Roman Days this year as 1st Century AD Romans/Celts:
                              >
                              > Sean McLaren - going as Roman legionary or Celt
                              > Lynn Rogers - going as Roman legionary, medicus, or cavalry
                              > Chris Sipe - going as Roman legionary or Centurio
                              > Richard Landis - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt
                              > Ron Phelps - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt (I will bring
                              > all of the gear for these impressions and decide when I get there to
                              > maintain flexibility!)
                              > Sean Edwards - Probably going as Celt on Saturday only
                              > Marc Nucup - maybe going as Auxiliary archer, checking on his schedule
                              >
                              > We will be setting up our Roman camp as usual, probably beside our LEGIO
                              > IX
                              > HISPANA frater from Pennsylvania/Maryland.

                            • lynn rogers
                              Message 14 of 16 , Apr 11, 2013
                                Deb,
                                ill be there Thursday night to campout
                                i'll be a legionair and medicus
                                also I have coins and leather good to sale
                                so everyone bring your money!
                                lynn

                                On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM, Ron Phelps <mailto:ronphelps11%40cox.net> wrote:

                                > Ave Deb,
                                >
                                > O.K., at this point, it looks like the following Roman-Britain Living
                                > History Group/LEGIO IX HISPANA - Virginia Chapter members are planning to
                                > attend Roman Days this year as 1st Century AD Romans/Celts:
                                >
                                > Sean McLaren - going as Roman legionary or Celt
                                > Lynn Rogers - going as Roman legionary, medicus, or cavalry
                                > Chris Sipe - going as Roman legionary or Centurio
                                > Richard Landis - going as Roman legionary or auxiliary, or Celt
                                > Ron Phelps - going as Roman
                                legionary or auxiliary, or Celt (I will bring
                                > all of the gear for these impressions and decide when I get there to
                                > maintain flexibility!)
                                > Sean Edwards - Probably going as Celt on Saturday only
                                > Marc Nucup - maybe going as Auxiliary archer, checking on his schedule
                                >
                                > We will be setting up our Roman camp as usual, probably beside our LEGIO
                                > IX
                                > HISPANA frater from Pennsylvania/Maryland.

                              • filipinorifle54
                                Message 15 of 16 , Apr 14, 2013
                                  Deb & List---

                                  Marc Nucup is planning on attending as Cohors I Hamiorum Sagittari both Friday and Saturday with an early Friday arrival.

                                  ---marc/Aculeo
                                • Deb Fuller
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Apr 14, 2013
                                    Thanks!