infected computers ?

  • flaviascholastica
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2011
      A. Tullia Scholastica omnibus S.P.D.

      Lately I have been receiving spam from a couple or three members of this list, and thought it might be wise for my former student Neuraleanus (Lee H.) and Matt Amt to check their computers for evil messengers. My system trapped the messages, some with the subject line 're: 3' or 're: 5,' but someday one might escape.

      Not sure if Alex Navarro is also on this list, but he seems to have a similar problem, though L. H. is the most frequent distributor of these messages.

      Sorry I couldn't get down to RD for the last couple of years; maybe this recession will end before I get too old to make 500+ mile trips, but until then, I'll have to pass it up.

      Valete.
    • Lee Holeva
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2011
        Salve

        I do not see anything coming from me, perhaps a forged source address.

        Lee

        On 12/3/2011 9:15 PM, flaviascholastica wrote:
        > A. Tullia Scholastica omnibus S.P.D.
        >
        > Lately I have been receiving spam from a couple or three members of this list, and thought it might be wise for my former student Neuraleanus (Lee H.) and Matt Amt to check their computers for evil messengers. My system trapped the messages, some with the subject line 're: 3' or 're: 5,' but someday one might escape.
        >
        > Not sure if Alex Navarro is also on this list, but he seems to have a similar problem, though L. H. is the most frequent distributor of these messages.
        >
        > Sorry I couldn't get down to RD for the last couple of years; maybe this recession will end before I get too old to make 500+ mile trips, but until then, I'll have to pass it up.
        >
        > Valete.

      • A. Tullia Scholastica
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2011
          Re: [romandays] infected computers ?

           Salve, Neuraleane, et salvete, omnes!

              Hope you are well, and continuing your Latin, young man!  I still have 28 in Sermo I and about 18 in the accelerated Sermo class this year despite numerous removals of those who did not submit homework, show up onsite, or who otherwise demonstrated a lack of commitment.

          Salve

          I do not see anything coming from me, perhaps a forged source address.

              ATS:  Could be, but your address (with your name) provided two spam messages (entitled re:  3, and re:  5, or something similar), and Matt seems to have sent one.  There are others with similar headings or no title.

              My original message did not reach my own box, and wondered if I had been moderated...

          Lee

              Vale, et valete.

          A. Tullia Scholastica