Re: RD 2012 Possible Dates

  • rotmistrzb
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 3, 2011
      Either May or June for us. each has advantages. -Rick

      --- In romandays@yahoogroups.com, "quintius52" <qmj52@...> wrote:

      > Deb,
      > May has my vote as well. Great way to celebrate my 60th birthday (actually in the following week, but what the heck!) with all my Roman and Celtic friends.
      >
      > Quinton/Marcus Quintius Clavus-Optio Secundae Pili Prioris Legionis III Cyrenaicae
      >
      > --- In romandays@yahoogroups.com, Deb Fuller <debfuller@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > Was at Riversdale the other day. They've got some rentals for next
      > > Spring so the dates they can do RD are either the 3rd weekend in May
      > > 19th and 20th or second week in June 9th and 10th.
      > >
      > > Personally, I'm for the May date as June is getting hot but you never
      > > know with our weather.
      > >
      > > Let me know!
      > >
      > > Deb

    • rotmistrzb
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 7, 2011
        So, what is the date?
        -Rick

        --- In romandays@yahoogroups.com, "George Metz" <legionxxiv@...> wrote:

        > The third weekend in May is a conflict for me and always will be. I will
        > not be at Roman Days on that weekend!
        >

        > Gallio / George Legion XXIV

      • Deb Fuller
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 7, 2011
          At 12:52 PM 12/7/2011, you wrote:

          >So, what is the date?
          >-Rick

          Sorry. I thought I posted it a while ago. We're back to our old date
          of 2nd weekend in June, plus it's also the big Reading Air Show. The
          house got a booking for a wedding first weekend in June. 2nd weekend
          in May is Mother's Day and that's always a crap weekend for programs.

          The nice thing about moving the date out a bit is that it gives us a
          bit more space between MTT and RD.

          Deb
        • Marsh Wise
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 7, 2011
            you just killed a whole bunch of people coming.

            On 12/7/2011 2:15 PM, Deb Fuller wrote:

            At 12:52 PM 12/7/2011, you wrote:

            >So, what is the date?
            >-Rick

            Sorry. I thought I posted it a while ago. We're back to our old date
            of 2nd weekend in June, plus it's also the big Reading Air Show. The
            house got a booking for a wedding first weekend in June. 2nd weekend
            in May is Mother's Day and that's always a crap weekend for programs.

            The nice thing about moving the date out a bit is that it gives us a
            bit more space between MTT and RD.

            Deb

            No virus found in this message.

          • Deb Fuller
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 7, 2011
              At 09:04 PM 12/7/2011, you wrote:

              you just killed a whole bunch of people coming.

              So why is the second weekend of June bad? It's missing Reading unless Reading moved dates.

              Deb
            • Marsh Wise

                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 7, 2011
                  At 09:40 PM 12/7/2011, you wrote:

                  I thought you said it was the same weekend. If not, then ignore me. I misread it. Still would like to see something in Sept. What about something at Marietta???

                  My original message was kinda convoluted. No, it's not the same weekend. RD is the SECOND weekend in June. Reading is the first. There's the VA Celtic games. It's just a display but a huge event. We might be able to do a day camp thing at Marietta again. I have no clue what is going on with them though. The school that Matt and I did the day program for loved us and wants to do another program next year but that will probably be another weekday. We might be able to get a weekend gig if we can get a secure overnight site.

                  Deb
                • Marsh Wise
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 27, 2011
                    So Deb, the dates of RD are: 11-13 May right? Need to start haranguing, pestering, bugging, notifying people to go.

                    We (Leg. IX) are also planning on going to MTA which is weekend of Mar. 17th this year, I think. Anyone who would like to go is invited... Please let us know. I know Richard had said he could probably go... anyone else?
                    Best, Marsh

                    On 12/7/2011 10:06 PM, Deb Fuller wrote:

                    At 09:40 PM 12/7/2011, you wrote:

                    I thought you said it was the same weekend. If not, then ignore me. I misread it. Still would like to see something in Sept. What about something at Marietta???

                    My original message was kinda convoluted. No, it's not the same weekend. RD is the SECOND weekend in June. Reading is the first. There's the VA Celtic games. It's just a display but a huge event. We might be able to do a day camp thing at Marietta again. I have no clue what is going on with them though. The school that Matt and I did the day program for loved us and wants to do another program next year but that will probably be another weekday. We might be able to get a weekend gig if we can get a secure overnight site.

                    Deb

                    No virus found in this message.

                       *´¨)
                     ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
                    (¸.·´ (¸.·'*Marsh
                    -----------------------------
                    Marsh Wise
                    Webmaster:
                    -reenactor.Net: <http://www.reenactor.net/>

                    Read my Blog (bore yourself): <http://www.reppledepple.com>

                    -Legio IX Hispana <http://www.legioix.org>
                    -1./Infanterie-Regiment 23 <http://www.ir23.org>

                    Assistant Webmaster:
                    -VAQ-33 Squadron site: <http://www.reenactor.net/vaq-33/>

                    Netscape Aim/AOL screen name: Sturmkatze

                    Yahoo Messenger screen name: sturmkatze

                    Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

                    "A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

                    Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself. ~Mark Twain

                    *Last: Hey Dammit! Have you visited the reenactor.Net FORvMS? If not, WHY NOT?
                    Gett your butt over to: <http://www.reenactor.net/forums/index.php> right now!

                    -=<www.sturmkatze.com>=-
                  • Deb Fuller
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
                      At 11:21 PM 12/27/2011, you wrote:

                      So Deb, the dates of RD are: 11-13 May right? Need to start haranguing, pestering, bugging, notifying people to go.

                      JUNE!!!

                      Deb
                    • Marsh Wise

                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
                          At 08:39 AM 12/28/2011, you wrote:

                          Ahh, see I was thinking May from last year. June, steamy hot.

                          May has been crazy stupid hot as well. And then we had the tornadoes 2 years ago. We just can't win in this area. With record Summer heat, it's hot from April on these days.

                          Deb