Re: Local press coverage of Roman Days

  • rotmistrzb
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 11, 2011
      I liked the comment someone left:

      "Lepidina (Legio XX volunteer Deb Fuller) spins fabric via a drop kindle, an ancient Roman weaving instrument. "
      That's a drop Spindle. It's used to spin yarn, not fabric. It's a spinning tool. Fabric is woven on a loom, and I don't see a loom in the photo.
      Just the other day I used an I-Pad as a T-square, for which function it is well suited. The IPad also happens to be exactly as high as the parts of my new leather mongolian helmet, which was also useful. so maybe that really was a "drop Kindle".

      -Rick