Re: [romandays] Re: RD Wiki status?

  • Richard Campbell
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2011
      Ave, yes the caupona is coming, but the only chaange will be a new roof, yet again, that is wind resistent. We would love to have a warp weighted loom but as yet only have the plans for it.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Feb 28, 2011, at 11:42 PM, "marcus_lucretius_agricola" <marcus.lucretius@...> wrote:

      So what's up with Asellina's Caupona? How many units now? Is it coming? What kind of civilian displays are planned?

      When the wiki says "This is the list from 2008 and so just update it as needed" there is real ambiguity as to what is just hanging out on the list because nobody bothered to remove something and what is there because it continues to be accurate.

      --- In romandays@yahoogroups.com, Deb Fuller <debfuller@...> wrote:

      > At 10:46 AM 2/28/2011, you wrote:
      >

      > >So what date is it? I hope still 14-15 May 2011.
      >
      > Yep. That hasn't changed and I don't expect many changes this year
      > either unless you guys have any new and exciting ideas.
      >
      > Maybe a display of Roman "gadgets"? Dan has been working on a groma
      > and I'm sure that there are others that have non-military type things
      > that would be good for a display.
      >
      > Deb

    • Deb Fuller
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2011
        At 11:42 PM 2/28/2011, you wrote:

        >When the wiki says "This is the list from 2008 and so just update it
        >as needed" there is real ambiguity as to what is just hanging out on
        >the list because nobody bothered to remove something and what is
        >there because it continues to be accurate.

        The lists are accurate for last year's RD. It's been a crappy Winter
        with a lot of units being buried under a ton of snow (Legio III,
        how's the shoveling going?). Riversdale pinged me back and they need
        to get through the new HVAC install for the main house before they
        can start doing RD. Understandable. Most of the units that came last
        year said that they would like to return.

        Deb
      • Richard Campbell
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2011
          Any idea when the hvac will be done? Any idea what they need to do?

          Sent from my iPad

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1, 2011
            At 12:17 PM 3/1/2011, you wrote:

            >Any idea when the hvac will be done? Any idea what they need to do?

            The main house is closed through April so I assume there will be a
            lot of furniture moving and storing, covering of historic woodwork
            and other items that can't be moved, meeting with the contractors,
            and a bunch of general chaos until the work gets underway.

            I also saw Ann Wass a few weekends ago so they haven't forgotten about us.

            Deb