Hi Gang

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 15 , May 3, 2010
      I wanted to introduce myself and say Hi.
      My name is Tim and I hope to be at RD this year as a Celt. Although I have been reenacting various periods since 1985 I am new to this one so please feel free to shower me with advice !
      Thanks!

      Tancred, I mean Tanco
    • Deb Fuller
      Message 2 of 15 , May 3, 2010
        At 08:19 PM 5/3/2010, you wrote:

        >I wanted to introduce myself and say Hi.
        >My name is Tim and I hope to be at RD this year as a Celt. Although
        >I have been reenacting various periods since 1985 I am new to this
        >one so please feel free to shower me with advice !

        Yay!! More target practice!! :)

        Welcome to RD! Advice - wear sunscreen. (No seriously, wear
        sunscreen. Steve has crisped himself on more than one occasion
        running around without a shirt.)

        Peruse the wiki for the event info. Matt, Rich, Allison, Dan, and I
        are planning to visit the site so there will probably be a big update
        in the next week or so.

        http://romandays.wikispaces.com

        Look forward to seeing you!

        Deb
      • Tim Seasholtz
        Message 3 of 15 , May 3, 2010
          I will wear the next best sunscreen to just slathering tar all over myself.

          What is a suitable hat for a 'barbarian' I wonder?

          Tanco

        • muse630bce@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 15 , May 3, 2010
            Perhaps a small, deceased animal would be a suitable barbarian head covering. Ann (Pythia)

            From: "Tim Seasholtz" <tancred101@...>
            Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 20:39:33 -0400
            To: <romandays@yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 15 , May 3, 2010
              HAHAHA!
              My yard is full of bunnies!

              Perhaps a small, deceased animal would be a suitable barbarian head covering. Ann (Pythia)

              From: "Tim Seasholtz" <tancred101@comcast. net>
              Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 20:39:33 -0400

              Message 6 of 15 , May 3, 2010
                Bunnies? Would you leave the ears floppy or stand up? Rather like fluffy horns? Pythia chuckle chuckle

                From: "Tim Seasholtz" <tancred101@...>
                Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 21:00:26 -0400
                To: <romandays@yahoogroups.com>

                HAHAHA!
                My yard is full of bunnies!

                Perhaps a small, deceased animal would be a suitable barbarian head covering. Ann (Pythia)

                From: "Tim Seasholtz" <tancred101@comcast. net>
                Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 20:39:33 -0400

                I will wear the next best sunscreen to just slathering tar all over myself.

                What is a suitable hat for a 'barbarian' I wonder?

                Tanco
                >I wanted to introduce myself and say Hi.
                >My name is Tim and I hope to be at RD this year as a Celt. Although
                >I have been reenacting various periods since 1985 I am new to this
                >one so please feel free to shower me with advice !

                Yay!! More target practice!! :)

                Welcome to RD! Advice - wear sunscreen. (No seriously, wear
                sunscreen. Steve has crisped himself on more than one occasion
                running around without a shirt.)

                Peruse the wiki for the event info. Matt, Rich, Allison, Dan, and I
                are planning to visit the site so there will probably be a big update
                in the next week or so.

                http://romandays. wikispaces. com

                Look forward to seeing you!

                Deb

              • Richard Campbell

                  Message 8 of 15 , May 4, 2010
                    I  would tie them under my chin !

                    Bunnies? Would you leave the ears floppy or stand up? Rather like fluffy horns? Pythia chuckle chuckle

                    From: "Tim Seasholtz" <tancred101@comcast. net>
                    Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 21:00:26 -0400

                    HAHAHA!
                    My yard is full of bunnies!

                    Perhaps a small, deceased animal would be a suitable barbarian head covering. Ann (Pythia)

                    From: "Tim Seasholtz" <tancred101@comcast. net>
                    Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 20:39:33 -0400

                    Message 9 of 15 , May 4, 2010
                      Then you could be known as 'the Bunnie Barbarian' any particular color? Pythia- still chuckling

                      From: "Tim Seasholtz" <tancred101@...>
                      Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 06:52:12 -0400
                      To: <romandays@yahoogroups.com>

                      From: "Tim Seasholtz" <tancred101@comcast. net>
                      Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 21:00:26 -0400

                      HAHAHA!
                      My yard is full of bunnies!

                      Perhaps a small, deceased animal would be a suitable barbarian head covering. Ann (Pythia)

                      From: "Tim Seasholtz" <tancred101@comcast. net>
                      Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 20:39:33 -0400

                      I will wear the next best sunscreen to just slathering tar all over myself.

                      What is a suitable hat for a 'barbarian' I wonder?

                      Tanco
                      >I wanted to introduce myself and say Hi.
                      >My name is Tim and I hope to be at RD this year as a Celt. Although
                      >I have been reenacting various periods since 1985 I am new to this
                      >one so please feel free to shower me with advice !

                      Yay!! More target practice!! :)

                      Welcome to RD! Advice - wear sunscreen. (No seriously, wear
                      sunscreen. Steve has crisped himself on more than one occasion
                      running around without a shirt.)

                      Peruse the wiki for the event info. Matt, Rich, Allison, Dan, and I
                      are planning to visit the site so there will probably be a big update
                      in the next week or so.

                      http://romandays. wikispaces. com

                      Look forward to seeing you!

                      Deb

                    • lynn rogers
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 4, 2010
                        Deb Fuller,
                        hi deb
                        i plan on attending the event call me at 540 797-4141 and i will tell you some of my ideas and if John Kaler is comming from Tennessee maybe we could meet up and ride together.
                        lynn

                        Message 11 of 15 , May 4, 2010
                          At 10:13 AM 5/4/2010, you wrote:

                          >hi deb
                          >i plan on attending the event call me at 540 797-4141 and i will
                          >tell you some of my ideas and if John Kaler is comming from
                          >Tennessee maybe we could meet up and ride together.

                          If he can get out of Tennessee. How quickly can you build a trireme?
                          Will call this evening.

                          Deb
                        • lynn rogers
                          Message 12 of 15 , May 4, 2010
                            is he flooded in i hope not
                            lynn

                            Message 13 of 15 , May 5, 2010

                              Good morning. I thank you whole-heartedly for the kind invitation but I have a Rev War event that day. However - It looks like I will be going to "Barbarian Prep Workshop Day" on the 16th at the home of Steven Peffley. I should have my gear up to spec by RD!
                              Tim  aka The Soon To Be Sunburned

                              Message 14 of 15 , May 5, 2010
                                Oh, excellent!  Yeah, he's good, just don't let him try to convince you that you need EIGHT SWORDS for starters, hee hee!

                                    And thanks, Steve, for doing that!

                                    Matthew

                                --- On Wed, 5/5/10, Tim Seasholtz <tancred101@...> wrote:

                                Good morning. I thank you whole-heartedly for the kind invitation but I have a Rev War event that day. However - It looks like I will be going to "Barbarian Prep Workshop Day" on the 16th at the home of Steven Peffley. I should have my gear up to spec by RD!
                                Tim  aka The Soon To Be Sunburned

                                Although we just the last workshop this past Saturday we do have our annual party May 15 and we could meet then. Where are you located?

                              • STEVEN PEFFLEY
                                Message 15 of 15 , May 5, 2010
                                      Not *swords*; Javelins. And you can *NEVER* have too many.

                                  To: romandays@yahoogroups.com