Shoot report

  • Rick Orli
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      The Janissary branch of our group provided 5 extras and wardrobe for
      another 4-5 for filming of a (metal genera) music video '1453 the fall
      (of Constantinople)' with some of our Eastern Roman Empire/byzantine
      friends, up in Queens NY. It was excellent fun. The Phoenix reign album
      is already out; I'm not a metal fan, but it's not half bad IMHO.

      (And yes, there is a (somewhat predictable) scene where us Ottomans
      are gleefully flogging scantily clad captive dancing girls. We would
      have been very disappointed otherwise.)

      I mention this here because I hope to try to persuade a couple of the
      guys with their nice 1453 kit to come down for Roman days, wich will
      provide a quite interesting empire timeline pushing 2 millenia. Matt
      Amt and others who do hoplite may know them as the NY based "the Greek
      Warriors", so perhaps they can do dual duty as opposing force or
      something.

      -Rick