Potential GMU sites on campus

  • Richard Campbell
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 4, 2008
      After talking with the events staff at GMU, they suggested the first
      priority was to settle on a specific location, as various parts of the
      campus have various jurisdictions (athletics, housing, etc). Football
      at GMU is not serious as it is not a varsity sport, just a club sport,
      so being a football weekend isn't a problem
      I have uploaded four Google Earth coordinates for reference. I did ask
      about housing/dorms, and that will have to wait for the site
      selection. They do have them, but not sure how many will be open in Sept.
    • Julie Brooks
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 4, 2008
        If the campus has housing on site, we would like to stay there.  I'm not much on camping these days.  I like my hot shower and a comfortable bed.

        Regards,

        Julie
        La Wren's Nest

        To: romandays@yahoogroups.com
        From: richsc@...
        Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 10:33:14 +0000
        Subject: [romandays] Potential GMU sites on campus

        After talking with the events staff at GMU, they suggested the first
        priority was to settle on a specific location, as various parts of the
        campus have various jurisdictions (athletics, housing, etc). Football
        at GMU is not serious as it is not a varsity sport, just a club sport,
        so being a football weekend isn't a problem
        I have uploaded four Google Earth coordinates for reference. I did ask
        about housing/dorms, and that will have to wait for the site
        selection. They do have them, but not sure how many will be open in Sept.

        Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger. IM on your terms.
      • Andy
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 8, 2008
          Wait, since when are college showers hot and beds comfortable?!

          :D

          of course, modern facilities are most welcome when available.

          --- In romandays@yahoogroups.com, Julie Brooks <Lawrensnest@...> wrote:

          > If the campus has housing on site, we would like to stay there. I'm
          not much on camping these days. I like my hot shower and a
          comfortable bed.Regards,Julie La Wren's Nest

          > To: romandays@...: richsc@...: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 10:33:14
          +0000Subject: [romandays] Potential GMU sites on campus

          > After talking with the events staff at GMU, they suggested the
          firstpriority was to settle on a specific location, as various parts
          of thecampus have various jurisdictions (athletics, housing, etc).
          Footballat GMU is not serious as it is not a varsity sport, just a
          club sport,so being a football weekend isn't a problemI have uploaded
          four Google Earth coordinates for reference. I did askabout
          housing/dorms, and that will have to wait for the siteselection. They
          do have them, but not sure how many will be open in Sept.

          > Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger.

          http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_072008

        • Dan
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 8, 2008
            The showers were hot at UCONN...

            ...every time anyone in the tri-state area flushed a toilet...

            Wait, since when are college showers hot and beds comfortable? !

            :D

            of course, modern facilities are most welcome when available.

            --- In romandays@yahoogrou ps.com, Julie Brooks <Lawrensnest@ ...> wrote:

            > If the campus has housing on site, we would like to stay there. I'm
            not much on camping these days. I like my hot shower and a
            comfortable bed.Regards, Julie La Wren's Nest

            > To: romandays@.. .: richsc@...: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 10:33:14
            +0000Subject: [romandays] Potential GMU sites on campus

            > After talking with the events staff at GMU, they suggested the
            firstpriority was to settle on a specific location, as various parts
            of thecampus have various jurisdictions (athletics, housing, etc).
            Footballat GMU is not serious as it is not a varsity sport, just a
            club sport,so being a football weekend isn't a problemI have uploaded
            four Google Earth coordinates for reference. I did askabout
            housing/dorms, and that will have to wait for the siteselection. They
            do have them, but not sure how many will be open in Sept.

            > Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger.

            http://www.windowsl ive.com/messenge r/connect_ your_way. html?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_messenger_ 072008

            Beauty Advice Just Got a Makeover
            Read reviews about the beauty products you have always wanted to try

          • Julie Brooks
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 9, 2008
              I'll settle for a facsimile thereof.  I'm hoping a toilet is still a toilet at any rate.

              Regards,

              Julie & Lawrence Brooks, Owners
              La Wren's Nest

              To: romandays@yahoogroups.com
              From: PalusButeo@...
              Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 00:58:59 +0000

              Wait, since when are college showers hot and beds comfortable? !

              :D

              of course, modern facilities are most welcome when available.

              --- In romandays@yahoogrou ps.com, Julie Brooks <Lawrensnest@ ...> wrote:

              > If the campus has housing on site, we would like to stay there. I'm
              not much on camping these days. I like my hot shower and a
              comfortable bed.Regards, Julie La Wren's Nest

              > To: romandays@.. .: richsc@...: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 10:33:14
              +0000Subject: [romandays] Potential GMU sites on campus

              > After talking with the events staff at GMU, they suggested the
              firstpriority was to settle on a specific location, as various parts
              of thecampus have various jurisdictions (athletics, housing, etc).
              Footballat GMU is not serious as it is not a varsity sport, just a
              club sport,so being a football weekend isn't a problemI have uploaded
              four Google Earth coordinates for reference. I did askabout
              housing/dorms, and that will have to wait for the siteselection. They
              do have them, but not sure how many will be open in Sept.

              > Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger.

              http://www.windowsl ive.com/messenge r/connect_ your_way. html?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_messenger_ 072008

              The i’m Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world? Find out now.
            • Richard Campbell
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 12, 2008
                the field house is open and has restrooms and no doubt showers. This
                ought to suit us pretty well. We will see if we can get guest student
                privileges for all reenactors and vendors.

                --- In romandays@yahoogroups.com, Julie Brooks <Lawrensnest@...> wrote:

                > I'll settle for a facsimile thereof. I'm hoping a toilet is still a
                toilet at any rate.Regards,Julie & Lawrence Brooks, OwnersLa Wren's Nest

                > To: romandays@...: PalusButeo@...: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 00:58:59
                +0000Subject: [romandays] Re: Potential GMU sites on campus

                romandays@yahoogroups.com, Julie Brooks <Lawrensnest@> wrote:>> > If
                the campus has housing on site, we would like to stay there. I'mnot
                much on camping these days. I like my hot shower and acomfortable
                bed.Regards,Julie La Wren's Nest> > To: romandays@: richsc@: Fri, 4
                Jul 2008 10:33:14+0000Subject: [romandays] Potential GMU sites on
                campus> > > > > After talking with the events staff at GMU, they
                Messenger.>http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_072008>

                > The i'm Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world?
                > http://www.imtalkathon.com/?source=EML_WLH_Talkathon_ChangeWorld

              • A. Tullia Scholastica
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 12, 2008
                  Re: [romandays] Re: Potential GMU sites on campus
                  A. Tullia Scholastica Andreae Juliae omnibusque s.p.d.

                  Wait, since when are college showers hot and beds comfortable?!

                  :D

                      ATS:  The dorm rooms we had at St Martins College in Carlisle, England, where we stayed during the Nova Roma Conventus V at Hadrian’s Wall, had private baths with hot showers and otherwise comfortable accommodations.   There was also a large kitchen and lounge area for every dozen or so single rooms, complete with three refrigerators, stove, oven, micro, coffee maker, dishes, etc., etc.  I would not want to contemplate the cost for a year therein...If memory serves, the ones at the U of Rochester, though lacking the private baths, were quite decent, too.  The food was also delicious.

                  of course, modern facilities are most welcome when available.

                      ATS:  Indeed, and it is not safe for us ladies to camp...not to mention that this one does not have appropriate equipment, or any desire (or spare cash) to acquire same.

                  Valete.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 13, 2008
                    We had quite good accommodations when we stayed at the University of Edinborugh.  They
                    had some rooms just like a hotel with TV, private bath, decent beds.  The other place I stayed in
                    had small apartments with 4 rooms upstairs, shared full bathroom, a full kitchen and dining area and a lounge area, plus even laundry facilities.

                    After setting up a  20 x 20 tent in the heat, I definitely would want a shower.  I also have asthma
                    these days so staying out in the heat for prolonged times without a break would really make
                    my life miserable.

                    Regards,

                    Julie Brooks
                    La Wren's Nest

                    To: romandays@yahoogroups.com
                    From: flavia@...
                    Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 00:58:56 -0400
                    Subject: Re: [romandays] Re: Potential GMU sites on campus

                    A. Tullia Scholastica Andreae Juliae omnibusque s.p.d.

                    Wait, since when are college showers hot and beds comfortable? !

                    :D

                        ATS:  The dorm rooms we had at St Martins College in Carlisle, England, where we stayed during the Nova Roma Conventus V at Hadrian’s Wall, had private baths with hot showers and otherwise comfortable accommodations.   There was also a large kitchen and lounge area for every dozen or so single rooms, complete with three refrigerators, stove, oven, micro, coffee maker, dishes, etc., etc.  I would not want to contemplate the cost for a year therein...If memory serves, the ones at the U of Rochester, though lacking the private baths, were quite decent, too.  The food was also delicious.

                    of course, modern facilities are most welcome when available.

                        ATS:  Indeed, and it is not safe for us ladies to camp...not to mention that this one does not have appropriate equipment, or any desire (or spare cash) to acquire same.

                    Valete.

                    --- In romandays@yahoogrou ps.com <mailto:romandays% 40yahoogroups. com> , Julie Brooks <Lawrensnest@ ...> wrote:

                    > If the campus has housing on site, we would like to stay there.  I'm
                    not much on camping these days.  I like my hot shower and a
                    comfortable bed.Regards, Julie La Wren's Nest

                    > To: romandays@.. .: richsc@...: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 10:33:14
                    +0000Subject: [romandays] Potential GMU sites on campus

                    > After talking with the events staff at GMU, they suggested the
                    first priority was to settle on a specific location, as various parts
                    of the campus have various jurisdictions (athletics, housing, etc).
                    Football at GMU is not serious as it is not a varsity sport, just a
                    club sport,so being a football weekend isn't a problemI have uploaded
                    four Google Earth coordinates for reference. I did ask about
                    housing/dorms, and that will have to wait for the site selection. They
                    do have them, but not sure how many will be open in Sept.

                       Messages in this topic           <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/romandays/ message/1873;

                    The i’m Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world? Find out now.