Roman Days schedule

  • Deb Fuller
    Message 1 of 62 , May 1, 2005
      Hi all,

      Here is last year's schedule. We need to add back in the fashion show. My brain is completely fried right now trying to organize the advertising so does anyone else have any suggestions for events to do this year at Roman Days? I'm thinking we should move some of the events back on Sunday since people usually tend to come in around noon-1pm.

      10:00    Open to the Public
      11:00
      Full Muster
      Opening Remarks
      11:30     Kids� Cohort (Drill)
      11:30     Marietta House Tour
      12:15     Gladiatorial Show
        1:00    Massed tactical and drill demo
        1:30    Kids� Cohort (Drill)
        2:00           Artillery & Missile Demo
        2:30    Marietta House Tour
        3:15    Evolution of the Roman Soldier
        4:00    Event Closes for the Day

      10:00    Open to the Public
      11:00    Olympic Competition
      (Armor race, Pilum Throw, Hamata Toss,Wrestling11:30     Drill and Kids� Cohort
      11:30            Marietta House Tour
      12:15     Gladiatorial Show

        1:00    Massed tactical and drill demo
        1:30           Kids� Cohort (Drill)
        2:00    Artillery & Missile Demo
        2:30         Marietta House Tour
        3:15    Closing parade of units
        4:00    Event Closes for the Day

      thanks!

      deb
    • Nathan Bell
      Message 62 of 62 , Jun 1 6:42 AM
        Sorry for the delay. Tried to send this several times before with no
        luck?

        I certainly don't want to squeeze the Roman Legal element out of the
        picture.

        Perhaps there can be one or two Roman plaintiffs in the ox/donkey
        cart accident, to explicate the "normal" course of things, and then
        the one plaintiff (Briton or Gaul, depending on who it is)under
        brehon law to explicate different subtleties.

        What about the slander/satire caus eof action? As either all-Roman
        between 2 senators or some-such, or as perhaps something arising from
        the same "cart accident" set of events (a derogatory story which
        defames the injured parties and damages reputation, etc)

        Other ideas?