New member intro, and FW: Unable to deliver your message (saith yahoo and its diabolical daemon)

  • Flavia Tullia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2004
      Salvete, omnes!

      I have included below the text of a message I attempted to send to this
      site earlier. It bounced, and last night the website wouldn't accept my
      "comment" message as it was in HTML, a language completely unknown to
      computers (sure, an' QDM doesn't know a hamata from a segmentata. . .).

      As a classicist who has done some research on ancient civilian dress and
      lectured on that topic, I may be able to reinstate the fashion show if the
      sisters Amt are otherwise engaged, as they seemed to be this year.

      ----------
      From: Flavia Tullia <flavia@...>
      Date: July 1, 2004 3:48 PM
      To: <romandays@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: attempt to join; initial failure

      Salvete, omnes!

      This will be short, as I don't know whether it will go through. I
      attempted to join last night, but the machine wouldn't accept the 'comment'
      portion, as it was in HTML. Sorry, machine, but I have no control over what
      my Mac does--all other yahoo sites, and the Album Civium mail feature,
      accept my computer's doings.

      As a classicist, a socia of Legio XX and Legio XXIV, a citizen of Nova
      Roma, member of the Sodalitas Militarium, etc., and occasional lecturer on
      Greek and Roman historical fashion, I am interested in participating in
      planning the lovely Roman Days, with which I fell in love last year (despite
      the floods!).

      Valete,

      Flavia Tullia