Washington Post Weekend Rates

  • Richard Campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2005
      I finally got a call from the Post's Weekend sales rep. This tabloid
      format is 5 columns wide, by 12" tall. For a 1" ad that covers the
      entire DC area, as opposed to a targeted DC or MD or VA ad, is $330.
      A 4" ad, 2 columns by 2" tall for the entire DC metro area is less
      20%, or about $1000. The 4" is pretty conspicuous. Given that the Post
      is read by better than 50% of the DC area, that will get to a lot of
      people, far more than we've ever reached before.

      So vendors, would you want to participate? What would you think fair
      in sharing the cost?
    • Deb Fuller
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2005
        Hey Rich et al,

        At 01:57 AM 3/31/2005 +0000, you wrote:

        I finally got a call from the Post's Weekend sales rep. This tabloid
        format is 5 columns wide, by 12" tall. For a 1" ad that covers the
        entire DC area, as opposed to a targeted DC or MD or VA ad, is $330.
        A 4" ad, 2 columns by 2" tall for the entire DC metro area is less
        20%, or about $1000. The 4" is pretty conspicuous. Given that the Post
        is read by better than 50% of the DC area, that will get to a lot of
        people, far more than we've ever reached before.

        You're one step ahead of me. :) At the last historic house museum meeting, there was an ad rep from the Post who gave us a number of different options for advertising. Some are quite reasonable. I've got all the info and his card with me. Rich and I were going to meet next Thursday but I can drop it off at your house before then if you want to look it over.

        For example, the Post has arts and cultural events in several sections of their paper that come out on different days and targets content to specific areas. We can put an ad in only the papers that go to PG County homes or put flyers in the ad packets in the zip codes that are only delivered to the houses in the same zip code as Marietta. There's even a tourist paper that the Post hands out free at the metros that we could get a listing in.

        The ad rep seemed really nice and willing to work with house museums and other orgs that have low budgets which is nice to see. Most ad reps only want to deal with the clients that will take out the $1000 ads.

        Deb