Intro to Roman Days

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14, 2004
      Salvete!
      Roman Days is Legio XX's annual event which brings together
      historians, enthusiasts, reenactors and scholars of the Classical
      civilizations to share information and experiences between themselves
      and the public. It encompasses Roman military, civilian and
      gladiatorial enthusiasts as well as Greek, Celtic and other
      civilizations.

      To be successful takes planning. This board supports the collaborative
      planning of the event. We encourage everyone interested in helping
      out, or having ideas for the event's success, to join and add their
      ideas.

      Richard Campbell
      Legio XX
    • Richard Campbell
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19, 2004
        I have added a few of my photos from Roman Days 2004. Looks like the
        Yahoo software does not add a notice that they have been posted.

        --- In romandays@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <richsc@u...> wrote:
        > Salvete!
        > Roman Days is Legio XX's annual event which brings together
        > historians, enthusiasts, reenactors and scholars of the Classical
        > civilizations to share information and experiences between themselves
        > and the public. It encompasses Roman military, civilian and
        > gladiatorial enthusiasts as well as Greek, Celtic and other
        > civilizations.
        >
        > To be successful takes planning. This board supports the collaborative
        > planning of the event. We encourage everyone interested in helping
        > out, or having ideas for the event's success, to join and add their
        > ideas.
        >
        > Richard Campbell
        > Legio XX
      • Jared Fleury
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 24, 2004
          Avete Omnes,

          I am with Legion VI Victrix PF in Los Angeles CA. Since becoming
          Roman I have been lamenting the lack of a truly Roman event out
          here. I guess for the time being I will have to live vicariously.
          I hope to gain some insite and knowledge, in this group into putting
          a Roman event on in CA. We have more than our share of Renn Fairs...
          Valete, Quintus Florentius
          LEGVIVICPF
          www.florentius.com

        • 56crowle@optonline.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 19, 2004
            Salve
            Sorry I couldn't make the fabrica. I had other commitments for the day.
            I will be able to bring my Roman Chariot to RD 2005. Please let me know the new date.
            Valve
            Marcus Fabius Maximus (John Crowley) Legatus Legio V