The Guild Companion was Re: Spell/Profession Question

  • Nicholas H.M. Caldwell
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 1, 2001
      On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, glen johnston wrote:

      > Am hoping some one can answer a question, with regard to books for Role
      > master. What is the Guild Companion exactly? I've never heard of this one
      > till now and am interested to know more about it.
      >
      > thanks in advance
      > johno

      The Guild Companion is not a book. It is a free monthly web-based gaming
      magazine. It's been publishing issues regularly since December
      1998. You're just in time to see the 25th issue go up today.

      You can find it at http://www.guildcompanion.com/

      To read back issues, use the Scrolls of Wisdom link on any page.

      Have fun,
      Nicholas

      Nicholas HM Caldwell
      General Editor for The Guild Companion
      http://www.guildcompanion.com/

      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 1, 2001
        I haven't actually done that yet. It seems like a momentous undertaking. But
        it's probably what I'm going to wind up doing, yeah.

        Sheila Herndon wrote:

        > --- Alexander Cherry <lxndr@...> wrote:
        > > No no no, that's not what I'm talking about. Lists
        > > that are harder *do* make
        > > more sense.
        >
        > Oops, sorry for misunderstanding you.
        >
        > > A general set of spells that the worshippers of
        > > EVERY SINGLE DEITY can access,
        > > regardless of their deity, does not make sense.
        >
        > Yeah, I agree with that. So do you categorize
        > the lists according to your dieties/religions? that
        > would make sense probably.
        >
        > sh

      • Sheila Herndon
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 1, 2001
          > Sheila Herndon wrote:
          > > Yeah, I agree with that. So do you categorize
          > > the lists according to your dieties/religions?
          > that
          > > would make sense probably.

          --- Alexander Cherry <lxndr@...> wrote:
          > I haven't actually done that yet. It seems like a
          > momentous undertaking. But
          > it's probably what I'm going to wind up doing, yeah.

          Hmm, sounds like you should just wing it then.
          Hey, why not? who said you have to actually have
          a list written down codifying everything...

          Just get a "feel" for the personalities of your
          gamegods and then reject/accept spell lists based
          on that feel and don't bother with a list.

          It's supposed to be a game so if something feels
          like work instead of play, hmmm. maybe that's telling
          you something.

          But if it feels like play, then go for it. For some
          people, that would feel like play, for others, it
          would feel like work.

          Hey, idea, if it feels like work instead of play,
          go find someone who would feel the opposite and get
          tehm to do it (open source your game).

          sh