Re: Intellectual Property

  • Robert Trifts
    Message 1 of 48 , Jul 1, 2000
      > Actually they have. Looking up attack tables and crit tables *is* all of
      > Arms Law. It has been suggested on this list to put all of the spells,
      > their parameters, and their descriptions in. I assume all of the attack
      > tables in Spell Law would go in, and that is all of Spell Law.

      > >ICE needs to evolve or die. They cannot live for long on the enthusiasm
      of a
      > >few hundred customers.
      >
      > I believe this more than you can possibly imagine, and I've told the
      > managers
      > at ICE this several times. But people on *both* sides of the fence need
      > to be realistic about the evolution. The managers need to make realistic
      > plans and the customers need to have realistic expectations.

      If one puts all the attack tabkles in fro Spell law, and leaves the
      desciptions out, this is not all of Spell Law.

      If one puts all the Tables from Arms Law in to it, this *is* virtually all
      of Arms Law.

      IMO, the "realistic" expectation of the users is that this should be so.
      Your view at ICE is different.

      Because it involved an evolution ina a critical direction of the game, there
      has to be a sea change.

      Bluntly? I would rather you sucked up the loss of Arm's LAw to make the game
      far more playable and made up for it on sales of software (to some limited
      extent) and expanded sales of companions & Rules which may accompany an
      increased boost in sales due to increased usability of the product.

      Perhap reformat Arm's Law so it is something more than attack tables? Add in
      "and a 10 foot pole" to it and alchemy rules for manufacture to make Arms
      Law more than a summary of 20 year old attack tables.

      I'm sorry to sound indifferent, but a game which would profit GREATLY from a
      combat assisant computer program and which needs it must indeed, evolve or
      die.

      Right now? Looks like you guys are near dead. If you won't change - I won't
      weep fo you when you do.

      Lots here are loyal customers who will do anything for ICE they can - but I
      am not one of them. IF you are insistent on this point, die in Chapter 11
      for all I care.

      Your milieage may vary.

      .Robert

    • Gabe Behymer
      Message 48 of 48 , Jul 7, 2000
        >From: Russ Miller <rlmiller@...>
        >Subject: Re: Intellectual Property
        >Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 10:26:05 -0400
        >
        > Whether you like it our not paper RPG's are dying.

        I disagree. This is the same argument that people used to say that TV, Radio
        and the internet would kill Books & Print in general. Not gonna happen any
        time soon.

        Denying faithful players access to a full version of SuiteGM or GRAD is just
        cruel. I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO TYPE IN ALL THE GODDAMN TABLES!! I love this
        game, I have all the books, and I want a full copy of these programs. Saying
        we cant have these programs is like saying we cant use a calculator to add
        up our DP totals on our character sheets! It is just a pain in the ass.
        #&@%!!!

        PLEASE HELP ICE!! WE WANT THOSE PROGRAMS!!
        Gabe