Re: FUD alert

  • Staffan Friberg
    Message 1 of 17 , May 1, 1999
      At 12:07 1999-04-23 -0500, Brian Olson wrote:

      >What's funny (sad) is that, generally, Goths and AD&D gamers have nothing
      >to do with each other. Its the whole White Wofl vs. TSR thing. They are
      >generally at odds, although I'm sure there are many who join both sides.

      Yes, probably so...

      Also, there are a lot of goths who don't like the White Wolf games at all
      and get very annoyed when normals think that all goths really think they
      are vampires.

      As someone said, it is a subculture centered around music and clothes;
      everything else are just personal opinions and hobbies and has little or
      nothing to do with goth.
      --
      /S
      /Staffan Friberg

      Message 2 of 17 , May 5, 1999
        On Wed, 5 May 1999, Ozgur Sahin wrote:

        > Staffan Friberg wrote:
        > > Also, there are a lot of goths who don't like the White Wolf games at all
        > > and get very annoyed when normals think that all goths really think they
        > > are vampires.
        >
        > Heh, "normals." Makes me think of Babylon 5 telepaths or something.
        > I suppose they have the black in common.

        oh, I must pipe up. Back when the Byron story arc was on b5 we called
        Byron's group the telegoths.

        sh

        Message 3 of 17 , May 5, 1999
          Staffan Friberg wrote:

          > At 12:07 1999-04-23 -0500, Brian Olson wrote:
          >
          > >What's funny (sad) is that, generally, Goths and AD&D gamers have nothing
          > >to do with each other. Its the whole White Wofl vs. TSR thing. They are
          > >generally at odds, although I'm sure there are many who join both sides.
          >
          > Yes, probably so...
          >
          > Also, there are a lot of goths who don't like the White Wolf games at all
          > and get very annoyed when normals think that all goths really think they
          > are vampires.

          Heh, "normals." Makes me think of Babylon 5 telepaths or something.
          I suppose they have the black in common.

          -Ozzy

        • Staffan Friberg
          Message 4 of 17 , May 10, 1999
            At 17:19 1999-05-05 -0600, Ozgur Sahin wrote:

            > Heh, "normals." Makes me think of Babylon 5 telepaths or something.
            >I suppose they have the black in common.

            Oops! Heh! ;)

            Sorry about that. It's just a very convenient way of saying "people we
            dislike who aren't like us".