Re: Subconscious Discipline

  • emmett gibson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 1999
      On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 16:20:34 -0600 "Rory Kostman" <arkhan@...>
      writes:
      This is just a problem with the experience system. I still feel that the
      combat oriented exp system is one of RM's few glaring faults.

      E. C. G.

      >OTOH, when you allow bowman with 125+ OB's to shoot multiple times
      >per
      >round with long bows, it *feels* unbalancing. Its no different than
      >TWC or
      >A. speed or speed/haste, but in our campaign, the bowmen began to
      >rapidly
      >outpace the other characters in experience from combat, as they would
      >unleash a flurry of longbow arrows, decimating the enemy before our
      >fighters could even reach them to swing. It was pretty frustrating,
      >so
      >when the bowmen characters died, we reverted to normal % actions.
      >

      >----------
      >> From: greatma <greatma@...>
      >> To: recipient list not shown: ;
      >> Subject: Subconscious Discipline
      >> Date: Wednesday, March 31, 1999 4:04 PM
      >>

      >> The other day arose a question while preparing some NPCs.
      >> Can a character with Subconscious discipline shoot more than one
      >arrow
      >per
      >> turn?
      >>
      >> Shooting costs 30-60% and reloading a short bow costs 50% .With
      >Subconscious
      >> discipline costs 25%. Could be possible to do a missile shot as a
      >snap
      >> action (40% with -20 for not being 60% and another -20 for snap),
      >reloading
      >> as a normal action (25%) and another shot as a deliberate action
      >(35%
      >> with -25 and +10 for deliberate)?
      >>
      >> What do you think?. I'm not sure if it's possible firing twice in a
      >round,
      >> but I'm unable to find the place where states one thing or the
      >other.
      >>
      >> It's great when it's GreatMa
      >> greatma@...
      >> http://surf.to/corlud

    • J C
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 1999
        --- greatma <greatma@...> wrote:
        > The other day arose a question while preparing some NPCs. Can a
        character with Subconscious discipline shoot more than one arrow per
        turn?<

        Yes. Of course anyone can do it (if they can increase their %activity).

        John W. Curtis III
        Iron Crown Enterprises, Inc.
        Rolemaster Series Editor
        Electronic Media Director