Re: Second By Second Combat system.

  • Matt Barkdull
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 1998
      >I used the CEATS once, but the group never played that long that they
      >could get used to the system... :-(
      >
      >Now (years later) with the RMSS I never thought about going back to
      >any RM2 stuff again. Are you using CEATS with RMSS and what are your
      >expiriences?
      >Did you make any conversions?

      We were play testing (not officially, but we were offering feedback) the
      new CEATS for Joel Lovell for CEATS II, which is the RMSS version. Last I
      saw, it was fairly nice. I haven't played in a game that uses CEATS since
      most of the regulars left the group I was in. All but one of the players
      left my game and all of the GM's of the group left. I've joined another
      group, but the GM style is quite different and there is more focus on plots
      than anything else. Not a bad approach, but seems to offer less freedom of
      what you can do. (ie, follow the story or else!)

      Matt Barkdull
      mattb@...
      http://sybil.gi.alaska.edu/