Re: Bleeding

  • Elearon@aol.com
    Message 1 of 84 , Sep 1, 1998
      In a message dated 8/31/98 2:44:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
      jtraeholt@... writes:

      << I'm just asking the lists opinion :

      Does Haste make you bleed twice as fast ??

      Yes, haste does indeed make you bleed twice as fast!
      So being speedy does not always pay off!!

      Shane at elearon@...
    • Craig O'Brien
      Message 84 of 84 , Aug 26, 2000
        On 8/25/00 5:45 AM, Jens A. Hansen allegedly said:

        >Hi
        >
        >After haveing flipped through SoHK and read most of the first half, the
        >specialization rules seems abit strange.
        >(let it be said that i don't have the book at hand, so there is possibity
        >that my memory severs me wrong)
        >
        >In the text it mentions the amount of bonus to be 50%, which seems odd,
        >since where im from that equals the same as 0,5 when performing a
        >multiplication. So i started to guess that a mistake(typo) had occurred and
        >the meaning was 150%(1,5).
        >But in the example, the state that a person with 10 skill ranks, deploys 2
        >ranks more in the skill and uses a third (and his last) rank to perform the
        >specialization, and gets the total number of ranks to 24, a 200%
        >increase(2,0).
        >What do they mean 50%(from the text) 150%(my guess) or 200%(the example)?

        The rules specify an increase of 50% for skill rankss where you cannot
        develop the category. Since it's an increase of 50%, that's the same
        as 150% of the current value. Note that for skill where you can develop
        ranks in the category, you get double your ranks for specialization.

        ------ ichobrien@... ------
        Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien Official Rolemaster Rules Dude
        "You can't please all of the people all of the time." -Franklin
        ----------------- Vote for Ralph Nader (IMHO) -----------------