Re: QUESTION: Occupational/Everyman/Restricted Skills

  • W. Nitsche
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 1995
      On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, Guy Fullerton wrote:

      > Good day,
      >
      > Perhaps I'm totally off base here, but this seems to be what the rules imply.
      >
      > I think the rule should instead work like this: Occupational/Everyman
      > skills are developed with the lower (1/2/3, 2/4) cost, but there is no such
      > thing as an Everyman Influence/Everyman Lore * Technical/etc. category, so
      > even Occupational/Everyman skills use the 'normal' category bonus.
      >
      > Let me know if I'm reeely messed up, ok? :)

      No, the way you think it works _is_ the way it works. Just replace the
      cost for the 'normal' skill costs with the occup/every/restricted skill
      cost and you're fine. ICE got a little too wordy in the description
      IMHO and made it confusing.

      Note that ICE has re-thought how this works since it confused some
      people. If I remember correctly, you don't change the DP cost of a
      occup/everyman skill but instead give 3 ranks for every rank purchased for
      occupational and 2 for each rank of everyman (I may have those
      reversed). I personally don't like this and am sticking with the 'old'
      way since it works out on a character sheet better, but that's my opinion.

      Someone will probably correct me on the above description.;)

      A temporally displaced hobbit,
      -Bill Nitsche
      -bnitsche@...