RE: Teaching Rolemaster

  • David Scott
    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 1, 1998
      Two suggestions

      1 Use the computer lab and have an excel character model loaded so
      they only have to make ticks in the boxes for the skills they want.
      2 Variation on the above but have a limit to character classes and
      skills so that tome will be shorter
      3 in both cases use RM2 as it is much less complicated for skill
      picking, as there is no difference between skill and category.

      Oh and finally best of luck.

      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 6, 1998
        Clell Flint wrote:

        > I have the enviable task of teaching 11 kids ages 10 - 15 how to play
        > rolemaster for a summer fun program. Last year I ran AD&D, this year
        > thought it would be nice to do something more versatile.
        > There are two areas where the members of the list could help me out.
        >
        > 1) Suggestions on how to streamline the character creation process so
        > that everyone will be able to create their character in the first 2
        > hour
        > session. I already know from previous experience that pre-generated
        > characters won't go over well.

        Play Run out the Guns!, RMSS just isn't going to do it. I could do 1
        new player in two hours.

        > 2) Suggestions on how to simplify and/or speed up the mechanics,
        > including possible use of an assistant part of the time.

        I use a laptop and typ everything into a spreadsheet. Giving everyone
        calculators and even the DB's of their opponents will speed stuff up.
        I've even let them look up their own attacks. Depends upon how much
        suspension of disbelief you want.

        --
        Have a Rose

        Robert J Defendi