Re: Anyone from the state of Washington on the list?

  • Rolemaster
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 1998
      >Just out of curiosity, how many people are there from Washington State?
      >Particularly the western side of the mountains.

      I live in Issaquah, WA. Actually I am graduating next week and will be
      moving there. I have actually been wanting to find out if there are any
      RM/MERP groups running in the Seattle area. I have been running a RM/MERP
      camapaign here in Oklahoma but graduating and getting a job has put a stop
      to that.

      Please let me know if you are running a Rolemaster based game and preferably
      based on Middle Earth.

      Cory, do you know where I can find out about a group?

      Brian

      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 1998
        >Cory Magel
        ><magel@...>
        >"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
        > -- Unknown

        It goes without saying, but correct me if I am wrong, but I beleive Mark
        Twain said that.

        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 1998
          On Fri, 1 May 1998, Matt Barkdull <mattb@...> wrote:
          >>"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
          >> -- Unknown
          >
          >It goes without saying, but correct me if I am wrong, but I beleive Mark
          >Twain said that.

          Could be, I've never really tried to find out. I can't remember where I got it,
          but the source didn't know who said it (it was in a book). It sounds like
          something he's say though

          Just for the heck of it... here are three of his. I like the last one best
          though.

          "The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't
          read them."

          "A banker: the person who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and
          wants it back the minute it rains."

          "Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to
          prayer."
          -- Mark Twain

          BTW, if anyone likes these I can send a private email with quite a few I've
          collected over the years.

          Cory Magel
          <magel@...>
          "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
          -- Unknown
        • Matt Barkdull
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 1998
            >On Fri, 1 May 1998, Matt Barkdull <mattb@...> wrote:
            >>>"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
            >>> -- Unknown
            >>
            >>It goes without saying, but correct me if I am wrong, but I beleive Mark
            >>Twain said that.
            >
            >Could be, I've never really tried to find out. I can't remember where I
            >got it,
            >but the source didn't know who said it (it was in a book). It sounds like
            >something he's say though

            I'm surpized someone else didn't correct me though...I found out that --
            Unknown is probably the best, but Albert Einstein gets the credit by
            popular vote for saying that.

            It's not documented but my sources that should know say that.

            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 1998
              I live in Bellevue, unfortunately most of my time is not my own.