Adding guns to a fantasy setting

  • Jason Mulligan
    Message 1 of 2324 , May 6, 2002
      I've been pondering the idea of a typical fantasy world where gunpowder and
      hence guns were developed. The idea was to have some sort of mix of a
      fantasy setting and a western one. Has anyone tried anything similar? I was
      wondering what sort of things would change in a fantasy world?

      -
      Jason Mulligan
      E-Mail to: manwe@...
      oujm@...

      "If you want my advice, make for Rivendell. That journey should not prove
      too perilous, though the Road is less easy than it was, and it will grow
      worse as the year fails."
      -- Gandalf, "Three is Company"
    • Brian Bain
      Message 2324 of 2324 , Jan 4, 1997
        Is there a stead fast rule for how well a magic user can detect magic that
        is actively being used in the surrounding area (like on a party member)?
        Or would it be easier for the PC to detect a spell on another PC? I am
        think that some of it would be just natural but was wondering if they have
        to roll or there is a skill.

        What about detecting magic in another realm?

        Thanks

        Brian