Greetings.

  • Mario M. Butter
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 12, 1994
      Greetings to all those you have re-subscribed. As I said in my letter, I am
      terribly sorry for the problems experienced over the last week or so.

      Lets see this list grow to epic proportions using the new software!

      Mario
    • Jay Kint
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 13, 1994
        A friend of mine is going to start up his Rolemaster campaign again, and he asked me to find any Rolemaster utility programs on the net that might be available. Is there an ftp site for Rolemaster (or FRPGs).

        As well, I have a combat utility that keeps track of monsters and their criticals every turn that I need to be beta tested. If you might be interested in this, please let me know via e-mail.

        Jay
        jayk@...
      • AREGALAD@umiami.ir.miami.edu
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 14, 1994
          Howdy Folks!
          This is my first post to the list. I am starting a Rolemasters
          campaign, but don't have an aweful lot of time to plan a campaign world
          so I figured I would get the Shadow World set, and place my campaign in
          a pregenerated world that I could learn as I went along. My problem is that
          it is so big (and my friends gave me so many supplements) that I don't know
          where to set everything. I finally decided to go with the continent of
          Jaiman because I had many supplements for it, and I specifically started
          with the Norek supplement. I have since done the first module (with Guff)
          and all is going well. My only problem now is finding homeworlds for some
          of my players characters. I don't have time to read/research everything
          I own yet, so I was wondering if you folks could suggest logical places
          of origin for the following characters.

          A warrior monk: I don't know much about him (the player has not finished
          (Human) him yet), but I know that he will have a scalp
          lock and tatoos on his face.

          A High Man
          Fighter: He is supposed to come from a land that has the
          trappings of a big empire, but has a very medieval
          culture (kind of like the Byzantine empire I guess)
          His armor is Dragon motif, BTW, and he is a knight.

          A Half Elven
          Beastmaster She is just that. She is supposed to be kind of wild
          and a Sheena type (She is not finished yet either)

          A Normal
          Monk (Human) She is not very defined at all, so anything will do.

          Basically if you folks that are familiar with Shadow world could give
          me advice on where in Shadowworld it would make sense for these people
          to come from, I can then look up the appropriate lands and we could help
          flesh out these characters. It would be nice to get references for
          monk orders for the monks if there are any out there. All of the other
          characters can (and do) come from Jaiman so they are no trouble at all.
          Thanks in advance,

          ___
          Dragonfly ********** / \ A.K.A. Aldo Regalado **************
          ____________________ \___/ ____________________
          /____________________\/ \/____________________\ I LOVE HOT
          ____________________ | | ____________________ POTATOS !!
          \____________________/\___/\____________________/
          | |
          H.G.I.**************** | | University of Miami *****************
          * Defenders of Good | | American History MA Program
          * Promoters of Justice | | aregalad@...
          * Champions of Freedom | | *************************************
          ********************** | | Instructed by the antiquary times,
          Kitty Corner, home of | | He must, he is, he cannot be but wise.
          Kal-el and Wheeler _ **************Shakespeare, T.C. ii. 3.
        • Scott Herod
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 19, 1994
            Haven't heard anything since the note saying that we need to resubscibe
            so I'll start.

            RMCI implies that a character should subtract or add the total
            of the person's race modifiers to the will roll. It seems to me
            that really penalizes elves and so I am only subtracting the average
            value. (Good for Kreij, break even for Shiobhan.) Comments?

            Scott
          • eric livingston
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 21, 1994
              I say keep it the way it is. Elves have a lot of other benefits, so balancing
              them with a lower Will score seems appropriate.

              Eric
            • Mario M. Butter
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 25, 1994
                Here is the current list of non-concealed subscribers:

                SNYONEVA.CC.ONEONTA.EDU!OPRAMORX0600 Robert Opramolla
                UWASA.FI!A70860 Patrik Andila
                ELM.CIRCA.UFL.EDU!CIROP41 Eric Ford
                POTSDAM.EDU!DYER72 Dean Dyer
                WPI.EDU!LEPPA Michael P. Lepore
                CABELL.VCU.EDU!HAS8WWA Billy Arnold
                MITEKSYS.COM!LEB Laurence E. Bernstein
                MCIS.MESSIAH.EDU!GDAUB Gregory Daub
                EXODUS.VALPO.EDU!ACC_MWB Mike Barton
                NEXT.COM!MARTIN_REED Martin Reed
                HURON.CERT.FR!PORCHE Porche Richard
                HOMER.BETHEL.EDU!LINJOE Joel Lindell
                CHEM.UCSD.EDU!PETE Peter Wotruba
                VNET.IBM.COM!MJF Mike Fox
                VIPUNEN.HUT.FI!RROSSI Risto Rossi
                WORDPERFECT.COM!JAYK Jay Kint
                NCSA.UIUC.EDU!KOZIOL Quincey Koziol
                WARIAT.ORG!PCOHIO!MICHAEL.J.MCLAUGHLIN Michael.j.mclaughlin@...
                MAIL.MSEN.COM!SOLOMON Steffen Solomon
                TARTARUS.UWA.EDU.AU!JWELTON Jade Welton
                MAIL.AMSINC.COM!ERIC_LIVINGSTON Eric Livingston
                EE.UDEL.EDU!LOUIE.UDEL.EDU!EECIS.UDEL.EDU!WILCOXON Steve Wilcoxon
                CHAR.VNET.NET!HMPETRO Herb Petro
                CS.DUKE.EDU!SO Steve Owen
                GANDALF.RUTGERS.EDU!GHUBER George Huber
                TARTARUS.UWA.EDU.AU!TAYLOR Lee Taylor
                VAXC.STEVENS-TECH.EDU!MSAMUELS C. M. Samuels
                PANIX.COM!MMOSS Matthew Moss
                KULTHEA.APANA.ORG.AU!MATTHEW Matthew Edwards
                ASTERIX.RZ.TU-CLAUSTHAL.DE!PCTW Thomas Weber
                CCO.CALTECH.EDU!MFEY Mark Fey
                Total number of subscribers: 32 (31 shown here)
              • Mario M. Butter
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 25, 1994
                  On Wed, 13 Jul 1994, Jay Kint wrote:

                  > As well, I have a combat utility that keeps track of monsters and
                  > their criticals every turn that I need to be beta tested. If you might
                  > be interested in this, please let me know via e-mail.

                  Why don't you send me a copy, and I'll put it into the archives for this
                  mailing list. As new revisions are released, I can update the copy here.

                  Mario