Varios Problem with Prgm Changes corrected

  • Bjamin9
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2008
      For those of you that are newbies, here's one fix I had to really dig
      for in the Varios.

      First: Problem WAS, the Varios wasn't receiving program change
      commands from ANY keyboard.

      Solutions:
      Update OS to 1.07 (latest).

      On the Varios, make sure that the following is setup:

      Midi Chan is set to what you want.
      Midi Control is set to Basic.
      Seperate Chan is set to anything you want other than the same midi
      chan as above (if you wish??).
      Program Change SW is ON.
      Exclusive SW is ON
      ***Bank Select is OFF. This was one of the main problems with MIDI
      communications to the Varios.

      Lastly, SAVE SYSTEM.

      Being new to a module that was a bit different than the tons of
      others I own, proved to be a challenge. Not even ROLAND figured this
      problem out.

      This worked for me.

      B9