New owner with a problem on the Varios Module

  • Bjamin9
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2008
      Greetings!
      Seeing that the last post to this group was in Dec of last year, I do
      hope there is someone who can help me out, for Roland US cannot..

      Just got a Varios module.
      Also purchased a VC-1 D50 card for it.

      Loaded fine, even dumped my D550 sounds into it. No problem..
      Until I went to simply change patches on the unit from my keyboard.
      That's it, I cannot (!) change patches on the Varios from any of my
      keyboards.

      Now, before you ask me about cables and midi connections and if this
      is set to on and what not...they are correct! Tried 3 keyboards with
      it also.

      I sat with 2 reps from Rolands tech dept. No use.
      So, for now I have returned and will replace the Vc-1 card.

      When the Varios is in it's regular setup, no cards, it DOES receive
      Program Changes. WHen I place the card and its software into te
      varios, then no patch changes, even though it does get midi to play
      whatever sound is residing in memory at that moment.

      Anyone help!?

      Secondly, I don't know how to:
      1. find the operating system version on the varios
      2. If this OS is out of date, HOW DO I GET THE NEW ONE IN?

      Please help.

      Thanks.

      Ben

      aka
      B9
    • Daniel Akzinor
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2008
        I will test my system as I recently picked up the VC-1 for my VariOS.

        I have a Edirol PCR30 and a M-Audio Pro88.

        - Daniel