nmap reminder

  • Very Honestus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2009
      Hi everyone,

      I use Nmap at work on a regular basis, in order to test if our hosted
      servers are up and running. Better than ping that IP or telnet on 80 or
      3389 (which BTW could be blocked by firewalls), Nmap is able to do the
      debugging job in a reliable manner, if it's properly used to bypass
      IPTABLES (remember the -sS -P0 arguments for SYN stealth scans), and
      ultimately he can address all the Nagios System alerts.

      Well, I guess Nmap it's not utterly new for you so I think you might
      want to remember how this remarkable tool works:

      http://www.nmap-tutorial.com/html/nmap-tutorial-single.html
      http://nmap.org/book/idlescan.html

      PS I have also found a promising software @
      http://www.dotnxt.com/forum/thread-20788.html but I didn't test it to
      date. Its name is "Stealth File Manager" and has a client-server
      approach. Should any of you give it a try, please feel free and send
      back a comment or something. As always, if you like the software and
      decide to keep it, buy it!

      --
      Bestest,