Re: [rocknroll-scars] Kirsty McColl 1959-2000

  • mike
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2000
      Dunks,

      > Excuse me going off topic, and bearing bad news so close to Xmas, but I just
      > read this morning's "Australian" and was really shocked and sad to see an
      > obituary for the wonderful British singer-songwriter Kirsty McColl, who died
      > on Monday. Apparently Kirsty was holidaying in Mexico with her children and
      > drowned while swimming, after being struck by a speedboat.

      The bozo who announced it on my local radio station (and this is me at
      the extremes of charity) followed the announcement by playing ELO's
      "Livin' Thing". Bad song, but made immeasurably worse by the lyric's
      tastelessness in view of what had preceded it. About as tactful as playing
      "Ebony Eyes" to Maria Elena Holly on the morning of 3 Feb. 1959...

      Mike Stachurski