RE: [rocknroll-scars] Lest we forget ...

  • Steve Hogan
    Message 1 of 36 , Oct 5, 2000
      --- "Altschwager, Michael" <Michael.Altschwager@...> wrote:
      > I meant Norman's shark, but you knew that.

      Hehe... indeed.

      The closing ceremony seemed like some gruesome 80s flashback...
      Midnight Oil were the only act that had much to do with the here and
      now.

      Paul (no relation) Hogan, still trading off the one thing anyone
      remembers him by...

      Jimmy Barnes demonstrating how much his voice has deteriorated since
      Cold Chisel...

      Men At Work... god help us... if England won the Games would they put A
      Flock Of Seagulls up on stage for the world to see? Should have had
      GANGgajang doing "Sounds Of Then"... not as well known internationally
      but more evocative of Australia...

      INXS... their decidedly unfunky rock funk sounds dodgier than ever...
      no wonder their NZ tour crashed and burned through lack of interest...

      Christine Anu singing the wrong song for reasons of political
      correctness... Why Don't You Come Join My Party would have been
      perfect...

      Vanessa Amorosi, a prepackaged candidate for the 'Where are they now'
      file...

      'Bombora' playing over the PA while the lifesavers marched in... why
      not get them to do it live? Better still, why weren't they installed at
      the beach volleyball arena to provide live music instead of the
      prerecorded shit?

      Bad luck about the shark I guess... at least there wasn't a croc death
      or 10 people dying from eating off prawns so it coulda been worse...

      I'd better stop now...

      Steve

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • Dave Allen
      Message 36 of 36 , Mar 18, 2008
        Ah John, those were the days, I too won the lottery, but I was playing
        in bands, and enjoying myself. I took a personal deferment until Gough
        got in.
        Dave Allen

        --- In rocknroll-scars@yahoogroups.com, GAMBRILL JOHN
        <drjohngambrill@...> wrote:

        > Jumping (or marching) back a step to conscription, and going more
        lighthearted (I won a lottery ticket, but was deferred till the end of
        Uni, by that stage Gough was in...) there was The Cicadas' "Twenty And
        In" (refrring to the conscription age) parodying the lyrics of Oz
        artists' songs - Thorpie(Sick & Tired), The Delltones (Hangin' Five) etc.