Re: [rocknroll-scars] Jack

  • Duncan Kimball
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29 1:19 AM
      Keith,

      Thanks (if that's the right word) for passing on the sad news about Jack N.
      A great loss to the music scene indeed. I'm about to play "You Can't Always
      get What you Want" in his honour. I bet Stuart Coupe and friends are
      counting their blessings! They were doubly lucky to have met him

      Actually, there was an interesting little documentary on SBS(? or possibly
      on Fox) a few months ago, which I think was called 'Beautiful Losers' with
      Leonard Cohen, Marianne Faithfull and Jack, talking, among other things,
      about their music and specifically the influence of drugs in and on their
      careers. It was fascinating stuff, and an great unsung heroes of
      rock'n'roll.

      I guess we can at least look forward to a decent feature on him in Mojo
      sometime soon ...

      BTW- computer problems are fixed (for now) so I hope to be back up to speed
      with the site and the list ASAP. Thanks to Paul for his earlier post, and my
      apologies, Keith for missing your gig the other week - I would love to have
      come along, but didn't get the email until ages later.

      Anyway, let's raise a toast to Jack!

      Cheers!
      Dunks

      http://profiles.msn.com