Re: [rocknroll-scars] Pirana

  • Tim Gaze
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2000
      Hi Greg,
      Interesting to hear you talking about Pirana - the Shud used to do quite a
      few gigs with these guys - especially mentioning Tony (Hamilton) and the
      jazz-rock fusion aspect - when I saw Tony a couple of years ago, even though
      he wasn't doing a lot of 'live' playing, he sure has kept up with and delved
      into many of the modern guitar techniques we have seen emerge over the last
      10 -20 years or so, especially the understanding and implementation of the
      modal side of things - no small feat to navigate one's way around this
      area - so his interest in all things musical is still evolving, and that can
      be a bit of inspiration for us all in these changing times.
      Cheers,
      Tim Gaze

      Also, a thank you to Duncan Kimball who went out of his way to make sure Jim
      was OK and got home the other night after the Blues Doctors gig. On yer.