[rocknroll-scars] Re: Frazer

  • Kent / David (CE)
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2000
      Hi Everyone (discusees)
      Well the interview with Philip Frazer was a bit of anticlimax. I only got
      an hour and a half with the man and didn't even get to ask him the in
      depth deeply philosophical questions I wanted.

      I did however get to interview Ronnie Charles, ex lead singer of the
      Groop. I spent about six hours with him, and got about 2 and a quarter
      houyrs of interview with him, and more to come next time I go to
      Melbourne. So I should have some interesting things to add to the
      milesago site, when I transcribe it especially about Melbourne in the 60's
      and the early nightclub scene in melbourne.

      And just one more thing, I will be listing a list of Australian albums
      that I believe would make the basis of an Australian top 50 or top 100
      albums, I would like it if I coulkd get some comment on this. I will not
      be listing the explanations because ythey are nopt all written yet.

      And Dave at 2UNE, I'll be emailing you with some questions about your
      station. We are just trying to re-establish CueFM here after the
      holidays, new djs new grid etc.

      I'll talk to you soon.

      Keep on rockin'

      David Kent
    • paul culnane
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2000
        Hi folx

        David K - pity the Frazer interview didn't pan out
        quite as you'd hoped. Didn't you say though that you
        had spoken to him by phone on a couple of previous
        occasions? I mean, have you got enough stuff from him
        to help with your Go-Set project?

        As for Ronnie Charles - wow! I would love to have
        been a fly on the wall when you did that. I'll very
        much look forward to anything from that that you can
        share with us on the MILESAGO site. Well done mate!

        Bring on the lists - happy to add my two cents' worth.
        I'm sure Dunks will want to add his pithy observations
        as well. He just luuuurrrves lists, don't you Dunks?
        :-)

        Keep up the good work.

        PS: Closer to the queen mary

        ~p@ul in canberra