RE: [rocknroll-scars] exhibition in Sydney

  • Peter and Christine Clarke
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2013
      Sounds brilliant. Wish I could pop over to see it!

      On a smaller scale, next month is the 50th. anniversary of The Beatles playing their only gig in little old Oldham, the day after the recording of Please Please Me.

      We are a very small part of the restaging of the event on the exact date, Feb. 12th., at the same venue. (The Astoria). Sadly I don't think the remaining real Beatles will be present this time although we have sent an invitation to Sir Paul!

      We've even managed to blag a Hofner Violin bass to raffle on the night.
      All profits go to local cancer charities.
      So any SCARRIES who may be in the Manchester area next month.............

      Cheers,
      Pete
      Oldham
      UK
      www.myspace.com/hazardsongs
      www.reverbnation.com/hazardsongs

      To: rocknroll-scars@yahoogroups.com
      From: office@...
      Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 09:39:08 +1100
      Subject: [rocknroll-scars] exhibition in Sydney

      http://www.hht.net.au/whats_on/highlights/exhibitions/the_wild_ones_sydney_stadium_1908-1970

      *Museum of Sydney
      http://www.hht.net.au/whats_on/highlights/exhibitions/the_wild_ones_sydney_stadium_1908-1970#>
      Saturday 22 September 2012- Sunday 10 March 2013*

      Of all Australian cities, Sydney is perhaps the one most associated with
      leisure pursuits./The Wild Ones: Sydney Stadium 1908-1970/will celebrate
      one of Sydney's most iconic venues, the Sydney Stadium, which was fondly
      known as 'the Old Tin Shed'.

      From its early days as a rough-and-ready open-air boxing arena to the
      heights of hysteria when the Beatles rolled into town, the stadium
      charted the evolution of entertainment in Sydney. Now sadly demolished,
      it played host to numerous boxing and wrestling legends, as well as
      international music stars the likes of which Sydney had never before seen.

      /The Wild Ones/will trace the history and significance of Sydney Stadium
      through promoters, stars, patrons and key events associated with the
      venue. The landmark bouts, unforgettable performances and folklore
      surrounding the stadium will be celebrated through artworks, posters,
      photographs, sporting and music ephemera, objects, film footage, music
      and personal recollections.

      --
      Narrell Brown
      Jaybees Entertainment