Re: Michael Gibbons and the Bluebeats in 1960's

  • marian roberts
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 26, 2012
      Hi Michael,

      Can you help me with some extra information about Mick Gibbons of the Bluebeats.
      They were around in 1965.

      Mick was my friend back in 1960's and we met at the wonderful Suzi Wongs.  I lost contact
      with him towards 1970's.

      The information I have was supplied to me by Michael Hunter, but he doesn't seem to
      have anymore information about them.

      Mick Gibbons toured with the Stones and did some gigs backing Normie Rowe.

      The bluebeats released two singles both in 1965.  "She's coming home" (July 65)
      and "under the moon of love" (Oct 65).

      Band members were, Barry Dessaux on bass, Mick Gibbons, Guitar and Brian
      Patterson, guitar, John  Pestro on drums and wayne poll vocals.

      Hope you can help.  I would love some more information on him
      and to know where Mick is today.

      Thanks

      Marian

      From: mailto:armstrongjennie%40yahoo.com
      Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 11:15:23 +0000
      Subject: [rocknroll-scars] Booka Hyland

      Can anyone tell me a little about Booka Hyland. Can't find anything on
      him....I know he sang Is It Me. Need some info for my radio show next
      Sunday. Many thanks...................Jennie