Re: [rocknroll-scars] Upcoming Peter Williams interview

  • Paul Close
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
      At 08:31 PM 7/08/2012, you wrote:
      Just sorted it, missing section of the URL link:
      https://rapidshare.com/#!download|123p12|3971260433|PeterWilliams%20iv%20aug72012edit.mp3|71303|0|0
      Click on that one and then 'Download to your
      computer'. It will give you the option to 'Open' or 'Save to'...

      PC

      >If anyone missed the Peter Williams interview
      >and would like to hear it, I've uploaded it to Rapidshare
      ><https://rapidshare.com/files/3971260433/PeterWilliams>https://rapidshare.com/files/3971260433/PeterWilliams
      >iv aug72012edit.mp3
      >(might need to copy & paste that whole URL into
      >your browser if it doesn't work as is...)
      >It's 71.3MB and around 35 mins, and will be up there for 30 days or so.
      >
      >I've edited the music, sorry, figuring that if
      >Peter wants the full tracks out in public, he
      >can do so himself. Plenty of info there in any
      >case - snippets include Brian Eno playing synth
      >on The Mixtures' "Captain Zero', a song that was a big hit for them in Jamaica!
      >
      >mh

      Paul Close
      Freelance Sound Engineer
      Perth
      Western Australia
      Mob: (+61) 0417 945 063
      Email:<mailto:paulcl@...>paulcl@...

      Web: http://www.paulclose.iinet.net.au

      http://www.jeffreystjohnandtheembers.iinet.net.au

      http://www.neildiamondtribute.com.au

      Personal views expressed herein are not
      necessarily those of Jeffrey St John & The
      Embers, or of the Neil Diamond tribute Show.

    • Paul Close
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
        At 08:31 PM 7/08/2012, you wrote:

        Nope, still doesn't work when you try to download it.
        PC

        Download not available

        The following download is not available:

        https://rapidshare.com/files/3971260433/PeterWilliams%20iv%20aug72012edit.mp3
        | 71.30 MB
        Download parameters invalid - please try again later.

        Paul Close
        Freelance Sound Engineer
        Perth
        Western Australia
        Mob: (+61) 0417 945 063
        Email:<mailto:paulcl@...>paulcl@...

        Web: http://www.paulclose.iinet.net.au

        http://www.jeffreystjohnandtheembers.iinet.net.au

        http://www.neildiamondtribute.com.au

        Personal views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Jeffrey
        St John & The Embers, or of the Neil Diamond tribute Show.

      • Michael Hunter
        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
          It wouldn't have been this tricky if I'd given it a more sensible file name but there you go! :)
        • Michael Hunter
          Message 4 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
            On 07/08/2012, at 10:32 PM, Paul Close wrote:

            > At 08:31 PM 7/08/2012, you wrote:
            >
            > Nope, still doesn't work when you try to download it.
            > PC

            Try that TinyURL - http://tinyurl.com/9rtlcvg
          • Paul Close
            Message 5 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
              At 09:02 PM 7/08/2012, you wrote:

              Thanks Michael and Frank,
              I've used the TinyURL link, which went straight to the Rapidshare site again.
              There must be a LOT of people online at that server tonight, download
              speed is 20.5k a second!
              Going to take an hour just to wait before I can listen to it.
              If I cancel and try to 'Save as' , the Rapidshare site blocks me from
              accessing it again.
              Dang!

              PC

              Message 6 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
                At 09:02 PM 7/08/2012, you wrote:

                Hi Michael,
                Just listened to it, good interview.
                Pete's right on the money in a lot of aspects, and it certainly isn't
                the industry now that we developed in over the years.

                PC

                Message 7 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
                  Cheers - glad you were able to get it finally!