Jeff Apter (Shirley Strachan bio author) interview tomorrow on 979fm

  • Leigh "Lee-Roy" Stancliffe
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 4, 2012
      Hi everyone
      Tomorrow (August
      6th) on 979fm’s all-Australian show “Living In The Land Of Oz”. I'll be interviewing Jeff Apter about his latest biography
      "Shirl: The Life Of Legendary Larrikin Graeme Shirley Strachan" (He’s also written books about Marc Hunter and the Finn Brothers). He'll be on at 2:30

      979fm (97.9MhZ) broadcast to Melbourne’s western suburbs and can be picked up in most
      of Melbourne
      except the south & south-eastern suburbs. You can also listen on-line at http://tunein.com/radio/979-FM-979-s55573.
      You can download or stream the interview from the Interviews section of www.livinginthelandofoz.com a
      couple of hours after it airs

      Lee-Roy
      "Living In The Land Of
      Oz"
      979fm, Melbourne
      www.livinginthelandofoz.com
      Streaming on-line at www.979fm.net

      Leigh "Lee-Roy" Stancliffe
      Living In The Land Of Oz
      2-5pm Mondays
      979fm Melbourne

      http://www.979fm.net
      http://www.livinginthelandofoz.com

      Twitter
      Facebook
      MySpace

      Ph: 0413 023 032

    • Mark Moffatt
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 5, 2012
        Lee -Roy, thanks for the heads up. Jeff is doing a great job for Aus artists by
        documenting these things . I did interviews with him for the Shirl book as
        well as his Finn and Urban books, he's a great guy . I'm in the US but will
        check the stream out! Say hi for me.

        best wishes, Mark.

        ________________________________

        Streaming on-line at www.979fm.net

        Leigh "Lee-Roy" Stancliffe
        Living In The Land Of Oz
        2-5pm Mondays
        979fm Melbourne

        http://www.979fm.net
        http://www.livinginthelandofoz.com

        Twitter
        Facebook
        MySpace

        Ph: 0413 023 032

      • Michael Hunter
        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 5, 2012
          Speaking of radio interviews, I / we will be interviewing Peter Williams (Max Merritt & The Meteors / The Groove / The Mixtures et al) this Tuesday afternoon, live to air.

          The show is Obscured By... on Three D Radio in Adelaide 93.7FM (webcasting via www.threedradio.com) from 2-4pm Adelaide time; the interview is planned for around halfway through.

          We have a few related rarities to play, including some unreleased Eureka Stockade songs (The Groove after their name change in he UK) and Peter's rare solo single.

          mh
        • nicholas_wlsh
          Message 4 of 22 , Aug 5, 2012
            Is an unreleased Eureka Stockade album are going to be release on CD?

            --- In rocknroll-scars@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hunter <michaelh@...> wrote:

            > Speaking of radio interviews, I / we will be interviewing Peter Williams (Max Merritt & The Meteors / The Groove / The Mixtures et al) this Tuesday afternoon, live to air.
            >
            > The show is Obscured By... on Three D Radio in Adelaide 93.7FM (webcasting via www.threedradio.com) from 2-4pm Adelaide time; the interview is planned for around halfway through.
            >
            > We have a few related rarities to play, including some unreleased Eureka Stockade songs (The Groove after their name change in he UK) and Peter's rare solo single.
            >
            > mh

          • Michael Hunter
            Message 5 of 22 , Aug 5, 2012
              On 06/08/2012, at 11:16 AM, nicholas_wlsh wrote:

              > Is an unreleased Eureka Stockade album are going to be release on CD?

              The word from Peter is that an Australian reissue label is looking into it! But I don't know which label, or exactly when.

              mh
            • Paul Close
              Message 6 of 22 , Aug 5, 2012
                At 07:11 PM 5/08/2012, you wrote:

                I'll be doing my best to catch it via streaming in Perth.
                PC

                >Speaking of radio interviews, I / we will be interviewing Peter
                >Williams (Max Merritt & The Meteors / The Groove / The Mixtures et
                >al) this Tuesday afternoon, live to air.
                >
                >The show is Obscured By... on Three D Radio in Adelaide 93.7FM
                >(webcasting via www.threedradio.com) from 2-4pm Adelaide time; the
                >interview is planned for around halfway through.
                >
                >We have a few related rarities to play, including some unreleased
                >Eureka Stockade songs (The Groove after their name change in he UK)
                >and Peter's rare solo single.
                >
                >mh

                Paul Close
                Freelance Sound Engineer
                Perth
                Western Australia
                Mob: (+61) 0417 945 063
                Email:<mailto:paulcl@...>paulcl@...

                Web: http://www.paulclose.iinet.net.au

                http://www.jeffreystjohnandtheembers.iinet.net.au

                http://www.neildiamondtribute.com.au

                Personal views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Jeffrey
                St John & The Embers, or of the Neil Diamond tribute Show.

              • Leigh "Lee-Roy" Stancliffe
                Message 7 of 22 , Aug 6, 2012
                  Hi all
                  If you missed my interview with Jeff Apter it is available to download or stream

                  Streaming on-line at www.979fm.net

                  Leigh "Lee-Roy" Stancliffe
                  Living In The Land Of Oz
                  2-5pm Mondays
                  979fm Melbourne

                  http://www.979fm.net
                  http://www.livinginthelandofoz.com

                  Twitter
                  Facebook
                  MySpace

                  Ph: 0413 023 032

                • Mick Robbins
                  Message 8 of 22 , Aug 6, 2012
                    Damn, I was at the Doc's & missed this L

                    Hope it went well Michael

                    Cheers

                    Mick

                    I'll be doing my best to catch it via streaming in Perth.
                    PC

                    >Speaking of radio interviews, I / we will be interviewing Peter
                    >Williams (Max Merritt & The Meteors / The Groove / The Mixtures et
                    >al) this Tuesday afternoon, live to air.
                    >
                    >The show is Obscured By... on Three D Radio in Adelaide 93.7FM
                    >(webcasting via www.threedradio.com) from 2-4pm Adelaide time; the
                    >interview is planned for around halfway through.
                    >
                    >We have a few related rarities to play, including some unreleased
                    >Eureka Stockade songs (The Groove after their name change in he UK)
                    >and Peter's rare solo single.
                    >
                    >mh

                    Paul Close
                    Freelance Sound Engineer
                    Perth
                    Western Australia
                    Mob: (+61) 0417 945 063
                    Email:<mailto:paulcl@... <mailto:paulcl%40iinet.net.au>

                    Message 9 of 22 , Aug 6, 2012
                      On 06/08/2012, at 7:59 PM, Mick Robbins wrote:

                      > Damn, I was at the Doc's & missed this L
                      >
                      > Hope it went well Michael

                      Hard to say, since it's tomorrow. :)
                    • Michael Hunter
                      Message 10 of 22 , Aug 6, 2012
                        From the Darryl Cotton Messages of support FB page:

                        Please everyone make sure you tune in to Mark's show
                        OK - I need everyones help - Tomorrow night at 8pm I am hosting my radio show with a few friends (Nick and Mark) 'Purple Haze All-Star Tribute To Darryl Cotton' live on SouthernFM 88.3. You can stream it at www.southernfm.com.au - this will be a 4 hour show filled with music and interviews from the cream of the Australian music industry including -
                        Confirmed guests -
                        Rick Springfield (Zoot)
                        Beeb Birtles (Zoot)
                        Rick Brewer (Zoot)
                        Steve Kipner (wrote Physical for Olivia and many other hits)
                        Russel Morris
                        Jim Keays
                        Ronnie Burns
                        Olivia Newton John
                        Donnie Sutherland
                        Ray Burgess
                        Jeff Joseph (Manager of Zoot and Celebrant at Darryl’s funeral)
                        Jamie Dunn (Agro)
                        Ian McFarlane (Author of Australian Rock Encyclopedia)
                        Julie McKenna (Director of the Australian Youth Choir which Daryl recorded with for the past 21 years.)
                        Izzi Dye
                        Brian Cadd (TBC)
                        I am still hopeful of getting the guys from Air Supply, and Molly Meldrum on the show. This will be HUGE!
                        Please share this with as many people as you can. If you like Australian music- you cant miss this show!
                        Thanks - Mark Naumann - Purple Haze.
                      • Michael Hunter
                        Message 11 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
                          If anyone missed the Peter Williams interview and would like to hear it, I've uploaded it to Rapidshare
                          https://rapidshare.com/files/3971260433/PeterWilliams iv aug72012edit.mp3
                          (might need to copy & paste that whole URL into your browser if it doesn't work as is...)
                          It's 71.3MB and around 35 mins, and will be up there for 30 days or so.

                          I've edited the music, sorry, figuring that if Peter wants the full tracks out in public, he can do so himself. Plenty of info there in any case - snippets include Brian Eno playing synth on The Mixtures' "Captain Zero', a song that was a big hit for them in Jamaica!

                          mh
                        • Paul Close
                          Message 12 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
                            At 08:31 PM 7/08/2012, you wrote:

                            Thanks for that, I got sidetracked today and missed it.
                            I'll have a listen to it.

                            PC

                            Message 13 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
                              Easiest way to get it: http://tinyurl.com/9rtlcvg

                              :)
                            • Frank Calabrese
                              Message 14 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
                                I've created a Tiny URL link which is

                                http://tinyurl.com/9rtlcvg

                                Frank

                                Message 15 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
                                  At 08:31 PM 7/08/2012, you wrote:

                                  Just tried it and got this error message Michael.

                                  Download not available

                                  The following download is not available:

                                  https://rapidshare.com/files/3971260433/PeterWilliams | 0.00 MB

                                  The file of the above link no longer exists. This
                                  could be for several reasons:
                                  * The uploader deleted the file.
                                  * The file contained illegal contents and was
                                  deleted from our servers by our Anti-Abuse team.
                                  * The link is incorrect.
                                  * The server is busy and can not process the request
                                  I also tried adding the 'iv aug72012edit.mp3 '
                                  into the URL at end but still the same message.
                                  Any idea as to why?

                                  PC

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
                                    At 08:31 PM 7/08/2012, you wrote:
                                    Just sorted it, missing section of the URL link:
                                    https://rapidshare.com/#!download|123p12|3971260433|PeterWilliams%20iv%20aug72012edit.mp3|71303|0|0
                                    Click on that one and then 'Download to your
                                    computer'. It will give you the option to 'Open' or 'Save to'...

                                    PC

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
                                      At 08:31 PM 7/08/2012, you wrote:

                                      Nope, still doesn't work when you try to download it.
                                      PC

                                      https://rapidshare.com/files/3971260433/PeterWilliams%20iv%20aug72012edit.mp3
                                      | 71.30 MB
                                      Download parameters invalid - please try again later.

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
                                        It wouldn't have been this tricky if I'd given it a more sensible file name but there you go! :)
                                      • Michael Hunter
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
                                          On 07/08/2012, at 10:32 PM, Paul Close wrote:

                                          > At 08:31 PM 7/08/2012, you wrote:
                                          >
                                          > Nope, still doesn't work when you try to download it.
                                          > PC

                                          Try that TinyURL - http://tinyurl.com/9rtlcvg
                                        • Paul Close
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
                                            At 09:02 PM 7/08/2012, you wrote:

                                            Thanks Michael and Frank,
                                            I've used the TinyURL link, which went straight to the Rapidshare site again.
                                            There must be a LOT of people online at that server tonight, download
                                            speed is 20.5k a second!
                                            Going to take an hour just to wait before I can listen to it.
                                            If I cancel and try to 'Save as' , the Rapidshare site blocks me from
                                            accessing it again.
                                            Dang!

                                            PC

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
                                              At 09:02 PM 7/08/2012, you wrote:

                                              Hi Michael,
                                              Just listened to it, good interview.
                                              Pete's right on the money in a lot of aspects, and it certainly isn't
                                              the industry now that we developed in over the years.

                                              PC

                                              Message 22 of 22 , Aug 7, 2012
                                                Cheers - glad you were able to get it finally!