FW: [scarschat] Merry Christmas to All plus Closure of Hound Dog's Bop Shop

  • GAMBRILL JOHN
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2011
      Gooday all.

      I apologise for double posting with s/chat - but some of you may not have double membership.

      Firstly a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. We all seem to have become quiter on the sites over the last year or so, but, there's always 2012.

      Was sorry to hear of the closing of Hound Dog's Bop Shop in North Melbourne at the end of the year. Has been a good place to get 50s and 60s material. Although I'm a Sydneysider, I had been visiting the shop since the mid-1970s - initially in the vinyl-only days, CDs were yet to appear.
      My first introduction was via a (to me) long forgotten arcade record shop in Melbourne. I was checking out some bootleg early Elvis LPs, when a friendly soul next to me (may have been a fellow scarrie) told me about the place, so made the longish trek up to the Melbourne Markets, and round the corner for another half-kilometre or so. Always made a visit when in Melbourne on business. ... which I continued doing right through the CD era - as my collector virus disappeared my visits became less.

      Cheers

      JohnG