Re: More RIP's

  • DavidA
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2010
      Poor old Crispian St Peters. He was actually older than I would have thought. When I was playing in the back row of the Offbeats in the sixties we backed him in a small nightclub called Teddy's, which was located near the St Kilda roundabout at the top of St Kilda Road. His manager was there and I recall some talk with our manager Carol West (whatever happened to Carol West?)about putting us on some kind of University circuit in England. I may have it wrong after all these years, it was some kind of circuit. For some reason Ray was in a bit of a mood that night and he left us to soldier on alone. Later we found him in Carol's car and when Crispian's manager asked him what was wrong Ray told him to "F... off", so that more or less put paid to any overseas experiments. The only circuit the manager had in mind at that moment probably contained about 30000 volts.
      To this day I wonder what Crispian St Peter's was doing performing in what was a fairly dingy little venue not so long after his big hit. He seemed a nice enough bloke though.

      Regards
      Dave