Greg Quill

  • Peter and Christine Clarke
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1 4:39 PM
      G'Day Folks,

      When I was here as a kid in 1972, I recorded, on an old (even then!) reel to reel recorder, Country Radio live from a rdaio broadcast. I think ABC, but I can't be sure. I still have it somewhere....probably stored in my parents' attic in England; but who has a reel to reel these days?

      Does anyone know if this show was released at all and if so where could I get a copy?

      (Come on Naz......you seem to know EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

      Cheers,

      Pete

    • csp sound
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1 6:56 PM
        Pete,

        If you find the tape and want a copy, I have about four reel to reel recorders with various equalisations, speeds and track widths --- actually used one of them last Saturday to dub off an old analogue master tape..

        Let me know if you need any assistance.

        I think Copperfield might also have done a couple of their recordings and if so could still have the masters in storage.

        John Bird I think would be able to advise for sure if we did any recordings.

        David

        To: rocknroll-scars@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1 7:23 PM
          Pete,

          You aren't thinking of the Country Radio Live LP that was recorded at
          TCN9 studios are you?

          David the W
        • johna bird
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1 7:46 PM
            Hi all,Country Radio Live was recorded in TCS studios in Melbourne in front of a live audience and engineered by John French and released on Festival.I don't think it has ever been released on CD.I don't remember ever recording a live concert for the ABC however we did record something like  dozen tunes for GTK.As for copperfield I don't remember  CR ever recording there but I(privately)recorded many different albums (most of John J Francis,Aidan Nolan,Jeanie Lewis,Benny and the Jets to name a few).Of course you're listening to a pretty dicky memory these days.If this is the recording you are talking about the catalogue number was INL34726.It did sell quite well so there should still be copies out there,if not I have a copy and could run you off one.Hope this helps.John A.PS Warner Bros Hold the Festival catalogue but I don't know if they ever intend to rereleaseit.

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 1 7:46 PM
              Well Greg Quill is a member of rock n roll scars so may be able to
              answer more fully.

              In the meantime, have you tried screensound for that recording Pete, if
              that fails, get the reel to reel tapes from your mum's atic and i can
              get them converted for you - no troubles!
              Naz

              --

              Narrell Brown L

              SKYPE NAME: jaybeesoz

              *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

              Jaybee's Entertainment - check us out at

              http://www.jaybees.com.au

            • Andrew McHugh
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 3 12:13 AM
                Hi all,

                There was a live TV show which broadcast many of the songs from
                Country Radio live (Picker, Last Time, Listen, Observations), and
                also Commissar which was not on the live album. I've transferred it
                from a tape that was recorded via a microphone in front of a TV
                speaker, so it's not the greatest, so there's every chance that
                Pete's version will be better. I've sent Greg Quill a copy of the
                audio and if there's any footage of it out he'd be very interested.

                The live album has been released on cd but it's probably long gone.

                Hope this helps,
                Andrew
              • Peter and Christine Clarke
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 4 12:11 AM
                  No chance of parents finding tape! It might even be in my OWN attic....although there is a tenant in the house, there's a load of my stuff still stashed there!

                  I'll look for it when I next visit; I hope around June....World Cup time!!!!!! Go the Socceroos! (and England, of course!)

                  Cheers,

                  Pete

                  To: rocknroll-scars@yahoogroups.com
                  From: jaybees@...