The Thorts

  • Frank Calabrese
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2009
      From the WA TV History site is this bio on Thorts bassist and mainly
      TVW 7 Audio operator Vic Jones - lots of nice audio pics for our
      resident soundies :-)

      http://watvhistory.com/2009/10/vic-jones-tvw-1960-1966-1983-1995-2006-%E2%80%98till-now-reflects-on-the-early-days-of-audio/

      Frank
    • Antipodean Beat
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2009
        Thanks Frank,

        I remember a little while ago that the bassist's son or someone else's son
        commented on the youtube clip. I should've contacted them at the time for
        an interview for the 'zine.

        Regards
        Andrew

      • Richard Meggitt
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2009
          What a rush down memory lane, and sad to see the faces again of old friends Tim and Norbert.

          Thanks for that Frank

          Richard

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2009
            Too bad channel 7 destroyed all the Club 7 Teen footage they had. I believe they only have a few clips with Johnny Young.

            --- In rocknroll-scars@yahoogroups.com, Frank Calabrese <fcalabre@...> wrote:

            > From the WA TV History site is this bio on Thorts bassist and mainly
            > TVW 7 Audio operator Vic Jones - lots of nice audio pics for our
            > resident soundies :-)
            >
            > http://watvhistory.com/2009/10/vic-jones-tvw-1960-1966-1983-1995-2006-%E2%80%98till-now-reflects-on-the-early-days-of-audio/
            >
            > Frank

          • Paul Close
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 1, 2009
              At 01:02 AM 2/10/2009, you wrote:
              Thanks for that Frank, a good read, and good pics of early gear.
              Cheers,

              Paul

              > From the WA TV History site is this bio on Thorts bassist and mainly
              >TVW 7 Audio operator Vic Jones - lots of nice audio pics for our
              >resident soundies :-)
              >
              ><http://watvhistory.com/2009/10/vic-jones-tvw-1960-1966-1983-1995-2006-%E2%80%98till-now-reflects-on-the-early-days-of-audio/>http://watvhistory.com/2009/10/vic-jones-tvw-1960-1966-1983-1995-2006-%E2%80%98till-now-reflects-on-the-early-days-of-audio/
              >
              >Frank

              Paul Close
              Freelance Sound Engineer
              Perth
              Western Australia
              Mob: (+61) 0417 945 063
              Email:<mailto:paulcl@...>paulcl@...

              Web: http://www.paulclose.iinet.net.au

              http://www.jeffreystjohnandtheembers.iinet.net.au

              Views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Jeffrey St John &
              The Embers.

            • Frank Calabrese
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2009
                And to add insult to injury, when they had the recent Today Tonight
                story on the Johnny & The Strangers reunion they had to use the Youtube
                clip of Around & Around - though I believe according to that article Vic
                Jones has a copy of one of the 2" Masters.

                Frank

                georgematz2006 wrote:
                > Too bad channel 7 destroyed all the Club 7 Teen footage they had. I believe they only have a few clips with Johnny Young.
                >
                > --- In rocknroll-scars@yahoogroups.com, Frank Calabrese <fcalabre@...> wrote:
                >
                >> From the WA TV History site is this bio on Thorts bassist and mainly
                >> TVW 7 Audio operator Vic Jones - lots of nice audio pics for our
                >> resident soundies :-)
                >>
                >> http://watvhistory.com/2009/10/vic-jones-tvw-1960-1966-1983-1995-2006-%E2%80%98till-now-reflects-on-the-early-days-of-audio/
                >>
                >> Frank

              • Steve Lorkin
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 2, 2009
                  I obtained a copy of this great Magazine today from Revolve in
                  Erskinville.

                  To the few and far between folks on this chat group that dig
                  Australian 60s garage rock
                  ..You need this !

                  Andrew, you have done a mighty job.

                  Magazine includes interviews with ( in case you forgot) Phil Jones
                  and the Unknown Blues , The Creatures
                  Mort and the Mobees ( little known Perth mid 60s band) etc etc

                  $5 well spent .
                • Antipodean Beat
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 3, 2009

                    > Thanks Steve for you kind comments. Here is what is in store for number
                    > two, available early 2010.

                    Peter & the Silhouettes, The Racketeers (mod revival group), The Mark IV
                    (two interviews), Chaos & Co. (article), The Tikki's & Terry Dean & the
                    Nitebeats. A CD-R of the Racketeers with each issue. 60 pages for the
                    same $5 price tag.

                    Regards
                    Andrew

                  • chriss watt
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 3, 2009
                      Enjoyed the first one Andrew, so looking forward to the next one. Dean Mittelhauser would be proud.