Re: [rocknroll-scars] Soft Delights Stereo Edit ?

  • Frank Calabrese
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2009
      I think the Stereo LP you used was one of those 20 Grrovy Hits or
      similar which was released by some budget label and theu usually sufered
      from the razor blade to fit 10 tracks per side - A good example of this
      is 1983 Thru The Roof which has the entire 2nd verse of Karma Chameleon
      by Culture Club edited out. I think Micko has the actual New Dream Album
      which has that song in full. I agree about the restortation - you cannot
      pick it's sourced from vinyl . Re the Multi-Track Master, I reckon you
      should get John Sayers who engineered the original to mix it - I'm
      surprised there is no 2 track master available, but considering how the
      multinationals treat our musical heritage, I'm not surprised, an example
      of this is ABC-Dunhill in the US disposing of all the original mono
      masters of all their singles released in the 60's & 70's, hence why the
      Mama & Papa's stereo mixes are the only ones available, and frankly,
      they sound terrible with the vocal in one channel, and the instuments in
      the other.

      Frank

      Brent wrote:
      > Frank
      >
      > Good question, but you got me on that one. That track had to be sourced (and nicely restored) off a stereo LP. Multi track master was found , but was too hard to transfer/transport/re-mix exactly the same (not to mention costs). Yeah...good pick up stereo version seems to be missing short instrumental bridge or one chorus. I'm pretty fussy about the mastering and source material , but was not aware of that myself.
      >
      > Brent

    • Frank Calabrese
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 7, 2009
        I've found the source of the mix featured on CD - it came from Mickos
        Stereo version remastered in the 2.30 form by Toms Music Mix, who has
        also done an "extended mix". And I agreee that he did a great job
        mastering it as well - note that the original short version isn't on his
        site.

        http://tommixmusic.blogspot.com/2008/03/download-no9_26.html

        Frank