Re: [rocknroll-scars] Milesago

  • Tony Jaggers
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2009
      Huh.....Brian and Ronnie...and Don virtually were the Groop....have I missed
      something...hmmm what day is it...where am i

      TJ (just Loling)
      www.tonyjaggers.com
      www.myspace.com/tonyjaggers
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 2009
        Hi Tony
        The industry historians/spokespeople generally thought that the Groop signed up Cadd, and only took Ronnie cos Caddie said so. But both have told the wonderful Wendy that in fact it was the other way around. Brian said in his interview 'The Groop not only didn't want a keyboard player - they wanted me least of all!
        Anita

        > As musos pass me by, I'll help update your site with tid bits (like the
        > Ronnie Charles/Brian Cadd joining the Groop).
        > I get to hear things first hand. Milesago is a great reference point, but
        > a lot of it is second hand - though 99.9% perfect. That's a pretty good
        > rate!
        > Anita

      • Tony Jaggers
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 10, 2009
          Interesting.....I do remember something in Go-Set re Brians "look" being
          suitable or not but when you look at the successful body of their work they
          would have been buggerred without Brian (and Don)
          Just out of interest i have some old sheet music of "Such a Loverly Way'
          which lists the writers as Brian Caine and Don Moody........some spin
          doctors take on cooler names....anywat what does it matter Brian stuck it up
          em all with his success and even as lately as last October blew away
          everyone at the Great Souther Blues festival in Narooma....a great talent
          and a nice guy

          TJ

        • anita monk
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 10, 2009