Re: [rocknroll-scars] Stevie Wright Pt II

  • DLR
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5 4:18 PM
      That's bloody excellent news Tone. I'll be first in line for a copy of
      his new album and I hope it goes well for him. :-)

      DLR

      Tony Jaggers wrote:
      > I dropped in to see Stevie on the way to my Narooma gig yesterday afternoon ,.....unfortunately I was rung by the club to remind me it was 6pm start not 7 so I couldnt stay long but I an just blown out by the change in Stevie....He is so animated, his skin colour is great and he bounced around insisting I listen to one of the track on the new CD....
      > I think we've discussed a few times "obscure" Easies/Stevie songs but I dont think this ones ever got a mention......he wrote it a long time ago and it musst have been recorded somewhere for Alberts or whoever is behind this new CD project to "discover " it.....I know Ive never heard it...
      > Its called "Just Another Mother Figure" and Barnsie sings it with him......Jeez talk about earworm the hook has been in my head all night and the first noises outta my mouth this morning was the chorus.......If this doesnt chart then I havent got a clue what Im talking about.
      >
      > It was sooo good to see the sparkle in Stevies eyes as he played it.....hes really looking forward to the launch of the CD and the bottom line is the majority of the songs are Stevies compositions or Wright/Young songs so hopefully this time around the royalties will be put to good use..
      >
      > I didnt flash on this until a few minutes ago....a noticeable difference in the house...Stevie used to smoke 2 packs a day and Ive realised that he didnt light a smoke!
      > Thats gotta be a good thing..
      >
      > Im betting this CD will be a big seller
      >
      > TJ
      >
      > www.tonyjaggers.com
      > www.myspace.com/tonyjaggers

    • anita monk
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5 4:38 PM
        Amazing, he sounds like a new man. Everyone will be so excited to hear that he
        is on the road again.
        Anita

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5 4:42 PM
          Put me in for one as well TJ. Personally autographed if us Scarries can
          order direct with Mr Wright perhaps?

          So good to read he's in better shape too :-)

          Cheers
          Jim