Re: Blackfeather

  • Kaz
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 1, 2007
      Hi

      I was lucky enough to catvh them a couple of weekends back in
      Brunswick...excellent set...some things never change...

      Also I recently received the Seasons of Change DVD/CD set, which
      everyone was talking about on here a while ago...must say it is
      excellent listening and viewing too, thanks Trevor.

      Cheers Kaz in Tas

      --- In rocknroll-scars@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Turnbull"
      <edgewood47@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > A bit of a "heads up" for those in Melbourne over the next
      two weekends.
      > Blackfeather @ Bar 924 Bridge Road, Richmond - 1 September and Fad
      Bar, 14 Corrs Lane, City - 8 September.

      > The band is really Blackfeather/Madder Lake with Neale Johns,
      Brenden Mason and Kerry McKenna. They all get better with age and
      Neale's vocals are still a standout.

      > chiz,
      > Jeff

    • chriss watt
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 16, 2009
        Hi. new to the group(thanks Scott).I'm chasing a cd copy of At The Mountains Of Madness. I realise it's out of print and it was being discussed as an upcoming release on Aztec.Scott mentioned a bit of ill feeling between ex members which might hamper another reissue?
        I too am interested to see a track listing that would make a 2cd copy of the first Masters album.

        Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox

      • Mick Robbins
        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 16, 2009
          Hi Chris & welcome to the Scars group

          As we always say to all the newbies, hope you enjoy the ride :-)

          As to Blackfeather, the kerfuffle with one of the members was a few months ago & yet Aztec continue to show the wonderful "At The Mountains Of Madness" as a pending re-issue. So I'd suggest it is still coming out & if you can, to just be patient. Cos with Aztec Music releasing it, the remastering which will make it sound better than ever, the informative & accurate booklet & 6 panel packaging, will make it well worth the wait.

          Besides with the old Festival issue being long deleted, there really are no other legal options that I can recommend

          With the The Masters re-issue, this has only just been announced so it may be a little way off so who really knows other than Gil, Ted & the boys and girls at Aztec. But my guess it will be the debut album with all the other Astor singles sides on the 1st Disc. With the 2nd disc consisting of the recently issued 500 copy limited release "Mustang To Masters". That had all the band's early demos before their official releases but also quickly sold out of it's only release. But that IS only a guess of course. Perhaps there may be some un-issued Astor master tapes or demos also but I guess we'll find out in time.

          Sorry I can't be of more help, but meantime everyone, don't forget Madder Lake's superb Butterfly Farm IS out now!!

          Cheers

          Micko

          Hi. new to the group(thanks Scott).I'm chasing a cd copy of At The Mountains Of Madness. I realise it's out of print and it was being discussed as an upcoming release on Aztec.Scott mentioned a bit of ill feeling between ex members which might hamper another reissue?
          I too am interested to see a track listing that would make a 2cd copy of the first Masters album.

          .

        • owedtenbucks
          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 16, 2009
            I think you can get a copy from John Robinson, that way the writer gets most of the dosh.
            Baz
          • ricky
            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 17, 2009
              --- In rocknroll-scars@yahoogroups.com, "owedtenbucks" <owedtenbucks@...> wrote:

              > I think you can get a copy from John Robinson, that way the writer gets most of the dosh.
              > Baz

              Thanks Baz but I've looked on the internet and although You can get his solo album Pity For The Victim,you can't get At The Mountains....This is likely due to the fact that Neale Johns owns/owned the rights to the name Blackfeather.