OFF-TOPIC: Thankyou Scarries

  • Michael Robbins
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hi Fellow Scarries
      This will be the last said on the subject here on the list. But I just wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone who wrote, emailed off-list, sent Xmas & get well cards & phoned while I've been going through my recent ordeal.
      It was very much appreciated & certainly helped on the odd day when I was feeling a bit down leading up to my operation or when I was feeling a bit sore after it .And it must be said I've been a touch anxious awaiting news of the pathology report too
      The good news for me is that I have just come back from my follow up appt and I'm VERY pleased to say that they the whole procedure was a complete success and I've been given the all clear. So I won't have to endure any chemo or radiation therapy thank goodness. Just me quarterly checkups from now on to keep an eye on the other kidney.
      So I couldn't ask for better news to start the New Year but it seems you lot won't get rid of me that easily LOL.

      Thanks again everyone; now on with the music :-)

      Micko

    • Paul Close
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
        At 01:38 PM 2/01/2007 +1100, you wrote:
        That's good news to hear Mick, I'm sure Kev could tell you about the chemo .
        Now on with the show!

        Cheers,
        Paul C

        >Hi Fellow Scarries
        >This will be the last said on the subject here on the list. But I
        >just wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone who wrote, emailed
        >off-list, sent Xmas & get well cards & phoned while I've been going
        >through my recent ordeal.
        >It was very much appreciated & certainly helped on the odd day when
        >I was feeling a bit down leading up to my operation or when I was
        >feeling a bit sore after it .And it must be said I've been a touch
        >anxious awaiting news of the pathology report too
        >The good news for me is that I have just come back from my follow up
        >appt and I'm VERY pleased to say that they the whole procedure was a
        >complete success and I've been given the all clear. So I won't have
        >to endure any chemo or radiation therapy thank goodness. Just me
        >quarterly checkups from now on to keep an eye on the other kidney.
        >So I couldn't ask for better news to start the New Year but it seems
        >you lot won't get rid of me that easily LOL.
        >
        >Thanks again everyone; now on with the music :-)
        >
        >Micko

        Paul Close
        Freelance Sound Engineer
        Perth