Re: [rocknroll-scars] Hans Poulsen/18th Century Quartet webpage

  • GAMBRILL JOHN
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
      It's a pity ScreenSound doesn't have funds to purchase some of this
      material, esp masters/ unreleased stuff.

      >Thanks for the update Rich. Gees I knew Hans had suffered a stroke but had
      >no idea just how debilitated he was. This is truly sad so I'll contact ya
      >off-list for a CD
      >Of course these aged care places ain't cheap either. So, if buying a CD
      >means helping out with the costs, I think all Scarries, whether fans
      >necessarily or not, should try & purchase one themselves if they're able
      >to. They're self produced independent CD's so he should get most of any
      >profits from them.
      >Rich did you also ask if Hans was aware of "Support Act" at all? Perhaps
      >they could also help.
      >
      >Micko
      >

      > From: rich3106@...
      >

      > Today I had the pleasure of chatting to a gentleman by the name of Len
      >Haywood, a pensioner, who is a friend of Hans. He also holds what is
      >remaining of Hans' unsold CD's, cassettes & master tapes of unreleased
      >recordings. There are quite a few different CDs & cassettes available for
      >sale through Len, although when they are gone....they're gone....I'm
      >stocking up on a few items. Some of the titles that are available are:
      > Carry You In My Heart
      > The Best of The Early Years 1964-72
      > Sacred Games
      > Rock ���n Roll Mystic
      > Wonderchilds In Town (childrens)
      > Franco & Silverina (childrens)
      >
      > The sad news is that Hans has never recovered from the massive stroke
      >that he suffered. He is still wheelchair bound and lives in an aged care
      >facility. His speech has been substantially affected and he only has the
      >use of his left hand and arm.
      >
      > If anyone needs contact details to arrange purchase of any of the
      >albums, please let me know.
      > Rich

    • Moonlight
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
        HI all
        Does anyone know the current whereabouts of Mandu? aka Chris Moraitis

        One of my colleagues is interested in chatting to him

        Chris Sp
      • Peter
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2006
          I don't know Mandu's whereabouts either Chris, but I'd be really
          interested to find out as well if you do pick up any info.

          I've been so impressed with his vocals listening to the Aztec re-
          issue of Lobby Loyde's Live with Dubs of late. It's be great to
          think that he still performing somewhere.

          Peter

          --- In rocknroll-scars@yahoogroups.com, Moonlight <moonlight@...>
          wrote:

          > HI all
          > Does anyone know the current whereabouts of Mandu? aka Chris
          Moraitis

          > One of my colleagues is interested in chatting to him
          >
          > Chris Sp

        • Mark Radar Watson
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2006
            the only Chris Moraitis i have heard of lately is the one who is Senior Legal Adviser, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

            cheers
            radar