Re: [rocknroll-scars] Digest Number 1721

  • Barry (lil goose) Harvey
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      To Ross Ward,
      I was reading your school introduction in your ensemble
      practice. The kids at school are really astute and have a great knack of
      picking up which teacher is trying to teach something properly or the
      teachers that are faking or bull-shitting them about music. I had 20 years
      in the Private boy's schools and the parents of the kid's that I taught
      really dug CHAIN and all the bands from their generation. And also if the
      Parent's were worried about their kid's doin' drugs or that sort of caper
      they were always given to me to teach., well I think they thought I was
      pretty out of it. And they always thanked me for advice I had given the kids
      about the evils of drugs. ha, ha. "and who in your measly little world are
      you kiddin', yeaaaaaaahes, 'but are you experienced" I love that line from
      Hendrix's "Third Stone From the Sun" and also "May you never hear Surf Music
      Again". Well I don't think you could run a parallel between Hendrix and the
      Beach Boys. The first Chapter of the book I am writing is going to be called
      '"Lover's Balls", which is all about the first day I ever met The Big Goose.
      I feel like I did when I wrote the "Text of Music Phrase" and that is a
      really creative vibe, man. See you at Caloundra Civic Centre, 9th. April.
      Lil Goose.