Re: [rocknroll-scars] hoodoo gurus

  • M Robbins
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
      Just a quick reminder that the Hoodoo Gurus special is on at 11.30 tonight
      .
      And for those with am open mind (and no reason to rise early t/m), following
      the Gurus there's a special on Joss Stone, a very talented 17 yo UK Soul
      singer. Astonishing voice for one so young (shades of Gladys Knight!!), REAL
      Soul/R & B as opposed to what they call R & B now, with 1 excellent album
      behind her, a new one with great reviews & (hopefully) a big career ahead.
      Cheers
      Mick
    • M Robbins
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
        Is anyone else watchin' Joss Stone. No flashy dance routines or big sets.
        Just a great big 40 year old soul/blues voice comin' from a 17 yo white
        chick singin' great songs.
        Thought she was a Pom but got the rest right.
        MR

        And for those with am open mind (and no reason to rise early t/m), following
        > the Gurus there's a special on Joss Stone, a very talented 17 yo UK Soul
        > singer. Astonishing voice for one so young (shades of Gladys Knight!!),
        REAL
        > Soul/R & B as opposed to what they call R & B now, with 1 excellent album
        > behind her, a new one with great reviews & (hopefully) a big career ahead.
        > Cheers
        > Mick
        >

        > MILESAGO: Australasian music and popular culture 1964-1975
        >
        > http://www.milesago.com
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Narrell Brown
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
          I just caught a little bit after the Hudu Gurus
          I can't watch tele all night would never get my work done
          She looks great and sounds fabulous.

          --
          Narrell Brown
          *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
            I just caught a little bit after the Hudu Gurus
            I can't watch tele all night would never get my work done

            Go on then Naz you gets orf to bed...us single peoples that are over
            qualified for any and all jobs got all the time in the world....aint that
            right Micko ?????!!!!!!
            Joycee IQ 260 hahahaha

            --
            Narrell Brown
            *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
            Jaybee's Entertainment - check us out at
            http://www.jaybees.com.au
            *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
            Proudly running on a Mac - rejecting .exe files
            *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
            http://Muesli.blogspot.com/
            just the rantings of a frustrated writer
            *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

            MILESAGO: Australasian music and popular culture 1964-1975

            http://www.milesago.com

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            To visit your group on the web, go to:

          • JJ (Joycee)
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
              Go on then Naz you gets orf to bed...us single peoples that are over
              qualified for any and all jobs got all the time in the world....aint that
              right Micko ?????!!!!!!

              I am talkin about myself, not Micko....Micko knows how intelligent I am....
              it just came out wrong....sorry Micko....talking to my own posts now.....
              !!!!
              Joycee IQ 260 hahahaha

              --
              Narrell Brown
              *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
              Jaybee's Entertainment - check us out at
              http://www.jaybees.com.au
              *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
              Proudly running on a Mac - rejecting .exe files
              *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
              http://Muesli.blogspot.com/
              just the rantings of a frustrated writer
              *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

              MILESAGO: Australasian music and popular culture 1964-1975

              http://www.milesago.com

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              To visit your group on the web, go to:

              MILESAGO: Australasian music and popular culture 1964-1975

              http://www.milesago.com

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              To visit your group on the web, go to:

            • Debbie
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
                --- In rocknroll-scars@yahoogroups.com, "M Robbins" <mrobbins@o...>
                wrote:
                > Just a quick reminder that the Hoodoo Gurus special is on at 11.30
                tonight
                > .

                > Cheers
                > Mick

                Just as well my life is so boring and depressing at the moment.
                Otherwise I would not have the inclination to go so pedantically
                through the Green Guide in hope of finding soemthing half decent to
                watch, and discover these little rock gems that are shown late on
                TV.
                I enjoyed this HooDoo Gurus one ..I was a huge fan from the start of
                their fab career and found it to be very nostalgic. loved some of
                the previously unseen footage. I agree with what the other members
                said about Dave Faulkner - what a brilliant song writer. The Gurus
                should have been bigger..like Jet are now. They were certainly one
                of the mst important bands in my life.
              • Mark Radar Watson
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 3, 2005
                  yep, i fell in love with her in her first album "Soul Sessions" a few years back

                  huge voice

                  cheers
                  radar