Re: [rocknroll-scars] Wow, that's really heavy ...

  • Brian Last
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
      Well i saw janis last night , and I saw a pathetic wretch of a girl who
      turned to her inner muse to express the angst brought about by the rejection
      by her peers . She overcompensated by being the wild child of bluesy/rock
      but boy she could sing with BALLS!! (if you know what I mean) She really
      wasn't that ugly -- I thought her parents writing her off was probably the
      last straw. H did the rest . Break it --take another little piece of ma
      heart now , baby!!
      Says it all doesn't it

      Blasty
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
        Thanks John,
        Now I really do have to get a copy from somewhere and watch it..
        cheers
        Radar

        John McKelvie wrote:

        The Janis Joplin show was something else....what a woman!
        Would have to be one of the best of its type i've seen in  along while.
        Janis was so good...she coulda been an Aussie!

      • Narrell Brown
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2001
          Janis is THE best - yes, she had balls and had to have to overcome the
          negatives from family and friends - I know what it's like to be told
          you're not good enough and that you will never make it! It sure makes
          you determined to prove the world wrong!
          Janis paid far too high a price for her own soul!
          I have read several books on her life from different angles - it was
          only after the fact that anyone wanted to bask in her light!
          She died a frightened little girl.
          RIP Janis!

          I'm not happy that I missed the ABC's doco last night - I would just
          love it if anyone taped it - name your price.

          --
          Narrell
          *~*~
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2001